smartsdr 1.1.2 install shows timeout for 30 minutes

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • In Progress
install showed yellow bar and purple button but after yellow is complete the radio says timeout in the window
Photo of Dale G. Brown

Dale G. Brown

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Charlie, WA3UTC

Charlie, WA3UTC

• 30 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes

I am having the same issue.   Even restoring the factory defaults does not fix the issue.

Charlie, WA3UTC

Photo of Gary Robertson - KY5R

Gary Robertson - KY5R

• 79 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I am having the exact same problem - timeout indicated. Going back to version 1.1.0.
Photo of Bob G   W1GLV

Bob G W1GLV

• 770 Posts
  • 140 Reply Likes
Good luck, the radio is locked up.
Photo of Reggie-k6xr

Reggie-k6xr

• 413 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes

cannot update to new version. It times out and will not load new version
Photo of Richard Clafton W4/G7EIX

Richard Clafton W4/G7EIX, Elmer

• 455 Posts
  • 117 Reply Likes

Same here.  Tried Factory Reset, tried removing power.   Calibrates for 2-3 mins and then Timeout.

Entered a ticket

Photo of David Gardner

David Gardner

• 4 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I am using a 6500 and the radio will not calibrate and goes to timeout as do above conversations.  I wanted  to note that the red light flashes 3 times over and over again.  I can not get past timeout-radio will not show up on the startup menu.
Photo of Gary Robertson - KY5R

Gary Robertson - KY5R

• 79 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Tried to go back to previous version of SmartSDR but radio always times out after trying to calibrate. Since radio will not work, I am dead in water until a fix is found.
Photo of Richard Clafton W4/G7EIX

Richard Clafton W4/G7EIX, Elmer

• 455 Posts
  • 117 Reply Likes

Wondering if this is 6500's only?
Photo of Robbie - KI4TTZ

Robbie - KI4TTZ

• 484 Posts
  • 78 Reply Likes

That thought crossed my mind, I have a 6700 and didn't have any problems with it.
Photo of Steve - N5AC

Steve - N5AC, VP Engineering / CTO

• 1055 Posts
  • 1080 Reply Likes
This appears to be an issue with just the FLEX-6500.  Please do not install v1.1.2 if you have a FLEX-6500.  We are investigating and will have more news shortly.  For now we've pulled the update just in case more FLEX-6500 owners download.
(Edited)
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9186 Posts
  • 3548 Reply Likes
Official Response
To all FLEX-6500 users who tried to upgrade to SmartSDR v1.1.2 and are experiencing the TIMEOUT problem, please submit a HelpDesk ticket http://helpdesk.flexradio.com  so that we can put you into the support queue for getting your radio recovered from the failed SmartSDR v1.1.2 upgrade. We apologize for the inconvenience and will do our best to get you back operational ASAP.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.