Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR Version 2 License did not register if SSDR network address was set to Static

Ali  9K2WA
Ali 9K2WA Member ✭✭
edited February 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
SmartSDR Version 2 could not register the license if the radio IP was set to Static in the network settings before upgrading to SmartSDR Version 2.

The problem was solved when I downgraded back to SmartSDR v1.10.16 and change the network setting to DHCP and upgrade again to SmartSDR Version 2.

Comments

• Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    On your static address, was there a Gateway specified?  That would prevent it from updating.

Mike

• Ali  9K2WA
    Ali 9K2WA Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Yes there was a Gateway specified.

Later on I will revert back to a static IP, one of the problems I ran across also was not enabling uPnP in my router which prevented SSDR for IOS to connect.

I guess I was to anxious to install Version 2, I did not read everything!
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Excellent.  Glad you figured it out.
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    fwiw, I had a static address configured and didn't have any issues registering the license.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.