Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR version 2.4.9 there is a new CAT Port Protocol of NIMMSPOT.

Phil Stephenson
Phil Stephenson Member ✭✭
edited July 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I notice in the SmartSDR version 2.4.9 there is a new CAT Port Protocol of NIMMSPOT. How is this used with N1MM spotting. It appears it has default UDP port of 12601 and a Lifetime (S) parameter which I assume relates to time with a default of 3600 and I assume this is seconds. There is no mention of this protocol type in the SmartSDR documentation for CAT as there is no 2.49 Cat document that I'm able to locate. What's this new protocol all about and how do I use it with N1MM?

Answers

• Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited July 2019
    Spots from N1MM's bandmap (telnet session and local) can be sent to SSDR for display on the spectrum.

I have it set up on port 12061. Then in N1MM+ configure/Broadcast Data enable spots to 127.0.0.1:12061.

I think I read how to do this on a previous post.

Kev K4VD

• Phil Stephenson
    edited July 2019
    I searched the community without any hits glad you were able to find this. So N!MM will broadcast spots for display on the Flex panadaptor over localhost at the port 12061. Which category of broadcast data do you map this port to? I assume Spots, correct? Thanks!

• Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited February 2019
    Yep. Check Spots. It worked great for me on last week's CW contest highlighting mults and points and showing dupes in gray. Pretty darn neat.
  • Phil Stephenson
    edited February 2019
    Kevin - Thanks for the assist - It's now working great for me as well! NIce feature but I'm still surprised Flex doesn't highlight this new feature more and provide a 2.49 CAT doc. Cheers!
  • ND8L
    ND8L Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Works like a charm! Thanks guys!
  • Don, VE2HJ
    Don, VE2HJ Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Hi Phil,

There is a pdf file explaning all the settings in the download section of the FlexRadio website :

The feature work great.

de Don VE2HJ

• Phil Stephenson
    edited February 2019
    de Don,

I was expecting to find the description of the new protocol for N1MMSPT in the 2.X CAT USER GUIDE but didn't see any mention of it. I had assumed that Spots Feature Description pdf was describing the use of Slice Master integration with SmartSDR but I see it does describe the NIMMSOT feature and apparently it was introduced prior to 2.49.

I still don't know why it wouldn't be documented in the CAT User Guide as well but none the less it is described in the Feature description very well.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention!

Cheers,
    Phil

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.