Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR v3

2»

Answers

• Mike  W1BFA in Maine
    Mike W1BFA in Maine Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    It's entirely possible it seems because it can be done with an Ipad or Iphone as the control surface on the same slice with SSDR.  I bet we will see it as an incremental release as soon as all the gremlins from the initial release of V 3. are chased away.

I'm waiting my purchase of V3 till it comes...   Mike
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I do not care if we call it "mirroring" or something else.
    All I want is that VFO's and all control knobs from the Maestro had an effect on SSDR and during contest i would not try precisely navigate with Mouse to AF slider, other sliders, or fine tune with mouse on SSDR to the other station frequency- all can be done from Maestro.
    Sergey, KN7K
  • Michael N3LI
    Michael N3LI Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Of course it can be done. And if was me, I would have much preferred that than the two people using one radio, which I would go nuts trying to do, since I usually contest high power, and would never want to give up my run. But that's just me, and I'm happy with what I got now, and operating on both would just be gravy.
  • John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Igor have you tried FRStack3?  I am able to run SmartSDR panadapter on my 55 in monitor and also run the Maestro at the same time.  I launch FRStack3 and then go to menus... Radios......Sync Clients A, B slices.  Then if I move the VFO knob on the Maestro the frequency changes on the 55 in panadapter to match what I am doing on the Maestro.
  • John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    One other benefit of running FRStacks3 is that it show whom else is connected to your Flex and what Freq, Mode, Antenna they are using.
  • John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Eric, it seems to me from what you describe FRStack3 would allow it now with the Sync Clients A, B Slices function.

• John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    OF course I am not downplaying that we would like it to be native in SmartSDRV3 but it is not yet and if you really can utilze the functionality then it can be doen NOW with FRStacks3.
  • Eric Gruff
    Eric Gruff Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    John - thanks very much!

I had played with FRStacks a while back, but lost track of it. I just tried it using Maestro and SSDR and it works! I will try it out in a few weeks during the IARU contest. 
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Well, this is new for me as well, just tried Stack3 and it is works ! 
    But there are few things that I cannot figure out:
    1. AF does respons on Maestro only, while I change AGC-T, Shift,Width, Power on Maestro and SSDR follow up.
    2. I tried to do 2 slices on my 6600, like 12m and 6m, seems like some confusion with the logic (radio logic or mine, not sure yet :)  ) - any time i touch VFO 6m radio resetting to the 12m on both slices.
    Seems like it works for one slice only, can some one confirm it?

Otherwise it pretty cool and worth a separate thread for that as others probably not aware.
    And this is something that Flex should be done a while ago!

Sergey, KN7K
  • John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Sergey

I did post this functionality a long time ago but evidently some people missed it.  I know there are so many post of little value it is easy to do.

I suggest you send a email to the software owner.  He is very responsive and likes to include new functionality in the FRStacks program.  I suggest you contact him to keep the middleman out of the discussion and avoid creating confusion.  Plus he would probably like someone to alpha test and if you know what you need you might be the best option.
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    John,
    I probably missed it.
    I will start another post where we can share the learning, also post a video today.
    Still cannot figure out about 2 clizes, if it designed to work that way or not.
    Thanks
    Sergey, KN7K
  • Igor  Rybin
    Igor Rybin Member
    edited July 2019

I used stack 3 with SSDR 2.5 and therefore could not achieve synchronous control. It was necessary to first install V 3.0 so that two clients would work simultaneously. I understood my mistake. Thank you!
  • Igor  Rybin
    Igor Rybin Member
    edited July 2019
    John
    Installed V3.027 + FRStacks3 Everything works, thank you!

• Igor  Rybin
    Igor Rybin Member
    edited September 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDRqemQVaRQ

Thanks to the developers for Smart Control in the new version of Smart SDR, now you can fully manage the program on the big screen with the controls on the Maestro
  • Mike  W1BFA in Maine
    edited June 2020
    Just when I was getting happy sitting here at 2.5 all indignant about not getting my mirror function the guys at Flex steal that all away from me.  Now I have to carve out a little time and upgrade SSDR and all my ancillary stuff that needs to work with the new API. 

Big thanks to the folks at Flex.  This is going to cheer me up a bit from my sorrow at just letting go of my much loved loaded 5000a.  I keep looking at that hole on the desk and choking back the tears!  :-)  It's one **** of a radio especially with the KE9NS software.
    Mike
  • Mike  W1BFA in Maine
    edited September 2019
    wait a minute!  The Maestro can now take a permanent seat in the hole the 5K left...

life is good..
  • Dwayne_AB6A
    Dwayne_AB6A Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    How terrible! Now I have to completely rebuild my station to incorporate my Maestro in a more permanent position ;) All good and thanks for the update.

My only feedback is that the SmartControl Screen takes up considerable realestate on the Maestro screen that otherwise could be used for slice information and meters.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.