Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR v3 fails to connect to my hardwired 6700 on startup

Options
nick
nick Member
invoking SmartSDR v3.0.19 for windows only results in an error message box stating "SmartSDR for Windows has lost connection to the radio. Please Reconnect".
An executive reset of the radio (power down, wait, and restart) results in the same behaviour.

Issue still exists after an executive reset of PC and Radio.

I moved the software over to a new PC connected to the same LAN switch and normal functioning was observed.That is until this morning.
I accidentally switch the radio off at the psu resulting in a dirty shutdown of the radio (of course)

Since then the same issue on this new pc is observerd in that SmartSDR attempts to run up,  reports DAX connection, starts main display then pauses and fails.
The resulting smartlink windows for SmartSDR, DAX and CAT all tell me "there are currently no radios available".

Uninstalling/rebooting/reinstalling/rebooting SmartSDR on the original PC fails to resolve the issue

SmartSDR v3 will no longer run on either PC.

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited May 2019
    Options
    When this happens, it can often be related to the Windows Firewall being turned on or the Network card on the PC being marked as a Public device and not a private device.  You may want to check that out.  

It seems that Windows updates can change the state of the LAN cards and the firewall states.  I have seen this happen.  lf your firewall is on, then it is possible that the Computer cannot see the radio.

If you still have the problem after confirming the above, you may have a hardware issue and it would be a good idea to open a support ticket.

Mike

• K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Nick:

You mention "Executive Reset" , is this the same as the factory reset option that is described in the hardware manual.  You power down, press the "OK" button, momentarily press the power button while continuing to hold the "OK" button until the radio display counts down and displays "Calibrating"?    If not, you may try a factory reset. 

Gayle K0FLY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.