SmartSDR v3.1.7 Upgrade

  • 4
  • Praise
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
After I received notice that the v3.1.7 upgrade was available I risked losing my "man card" by downloading and reading the release notes before I attempted any changes. With profile backups complete and a Windows 10 Restore Point freshly created I followed the upgrade instructions. Things clicked and whirred as expected and then right as the install completed the computer "blue screened". Darn.

I re-read the instructions and did not notice anything that I had overlooked. I ran the installer once again and the second time out. I checked out the radio operation as well as running CAT and DAX to test FLDIGI and WSJT-X. I also made a Winlink HF Ardop contact. I can't claim everything works 100% but everything that I use here seems to be working great.

The only "Gee, if only Flex had...." comment I can think of is that a week ago my machine did the big Fall Windows 10 upgrade and afterwards I had to reinstall SmartSDR and reconfigure my digital mode programs to get things working again. Had Flex been just a week earlier with the release I may have saved the trouble going through that aggravation! Just kidding! Glad to have the DAX update so far. I still like this radio better than any other home transceiver I've owned.

Tim N9PUZ
Photo of Tim N9PUZ

Tim N9PUZ

  • 35 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes

Posted 3 weeks ago

  • 4

Be the first to post a reply!