Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR v2 works great!

BA7NQ
BA7NQ Member
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Just try SmartSDR v2, it work fine! Easy install and setup without read any manual. I try remote operate my office FLEX-6500 with iPhone and laptop tonight via 4G mobile phone. Everything seems OK. That's very great!!!

Comments

• Mark WS7M
    Mark WS7M Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Good for me too.  I have tried only PC remote but that seems to work nicely!

Nice job FRS!
  • KENT HUFFORD
    KENT HUFFORD Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Mine installed fine. I tried my Maestro over my Android phone. No problems connecting. HOWEVER, no waterfall. It receives, transmits, changes freqs, and bands and the ATU works. Got something not quite right. Does work on the big internet tho... sorta
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    How do you un dock the panels?
  • Ken Hansen
    Ken Hansen Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Remember, iciest panadapter must be docked, additional ones can be undocked. The v2.0 manual should be available for download...
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2017
    This may be a problem with the Internet connection at the client location.  If the router at the client end is not doing IP datagram reassembly correctly (MTU issue or prevents streaming) then this type of behavior can occur.

Can you describe what type of Internet connection you are using at the remote end of the SmartLink connection?
  • AB9UU
    AB9UU Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I just installed it and it works fine on my laptop and desktop.  I have a question though, as I have both a Flex 6500 and a 6300. 

I hope I do not need to purchase another license when I use my 6300 at our vacation place.  Do I ???
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    If you have CWX or the Control Panel open, then notice the little arrow in the upper right hand corner of the panel.  Click it and the panel will pop out.  You can then move and resize it.  (NOTE:  the CWX and Control panels can be made taller or shorter, but not thinner, at this point.)  

If you have more than one panadapter open, then you can do the same with panadapter #2.  But Panadapter #1 is linked to the main SSDR window

Ken - NM9P
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Have upgraded to 2.0 my 6700 LE without issues, works well, Kudos  FRS!
  • Jay Spaulding
    Jay Spaulding Member
    edited July 2017
    Mine went fine also. I just have one question. I let a buddy of mine use my radio. So how do I share with him now?
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    You create the SmartLink account. Both you and your friend would use the same login for SmartLink. He would need to download v2 and install it. At the Radio Chooser screen he can then log onto the SmartLink account that the radio is registered to. Dave wo2x
  • Ken Hansen
    Ken Hansen Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Sorry, but the upgrade is per radio. As a bonus, there is at least one Flex 6300-specific improvement, and in theory if/when you choose to sell the 6300 it *should* command a premium over other 6300s without the upgrade. There will be an SSDR v1.0 maint. upgrade delivered soon, that is available w/o cost.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Interesting though,,that tweek to the IMD on transmit seems to have effected the 6500. People I talk to every day say my IMD goes very low,,not a trace out side the band pass. I saw the same thing with Dave W2OX when we talked.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    It might have been the tweak they did to reduce energy below zero-beat when the TX filter is less than 200 Hz.  

As the Lo-Cut filter drops below 200 Hz, the low end of the TX filter skirts get sharper in order to keep anything from spilling out to the opposite sideband.   It has been a really effective tweak.
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Jay, like David mentioned below
  • Jay Spaulding
    Jay Spaulding Member
    edited July 2017
    Ok Dave,
    So we would have to share a log in for Smartlink. Got it.. I already registered with my email address. If I un register and re register with a new account will that ba a problem?
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited July 2017
    No. You can create a "club" login. You will need to log on with the new login and re-register the radio for SmartLink. Dave wo2x
  • Jay Spaulding
    Jay Spaulding Member
    edited July 2017
    Ok Sounds good.. Thanks for the help. 
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020

Has anyone tried using Smartlink on Verizon LTE? I have it working remotely on WiFi, even went from automatic to port forwarding, but I cannot get my iPhone to see the radio using IOS version 2. It works on WiFi but not over the Verizon data system. If I enable the L2TP VPN, then it works just like it use to.

Jim, K6QE

• David Decoons, wo2x
    edited July 2017
    Works fine here. Make sure you are running latest version of SmartSDR for IOS. Also try logging off SmartLink on the app (settings tab) and log back in. You can also try rebooting the phone Dave wo2x
  • Jay Spaulding
    Jay Spaulding Member
    edited July 2017
    Worked on with my ATT using LTE no problem. Have to go in settings and make shure you have the slider over for V2.0. But IM sure you did that already.

Jay W0JAY
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited July 2017
    The fix for the 6300 is an improvement in dynamic range (the test is IMD DR3).

All radios received an improvement in opposite side band suppression as Ken referenced.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited July 2017
    However, the radio can only be registered to one SmartLink account at a time/
  • Lawrence Gray
    Lawrence Gray Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Working well here.  Used PayPal to pay and no issues.  So far, everything seems fine.

Larry
    W1IZZ
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2017
    Did you try running the SmartLink Network Test?  This could indicate a UDP problem if the connection works but you get no waterfall or audio.
  • KENT HUFFORD
    KENT HUFFORD Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    The Smartlink Network Test shows GREEN. I just went to McDonald's and my laptop found my 6500 easy, connected easy. BUT, no spectrum or waterfall. Audio good, freq display ok, changes bands, ATU works. 
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited July 2017
    You are going to find this at a lot of free wifi locations.  They prevent streaming of large packets so the VITA-49 data that makes up the waterfall gets blocked.  It's free wifi; you sometimes get what you pay for :-O
  • Jeff Griffin
    Jeff Griffin Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I'm confused. How do I access my 6500 that is at my remote site in Florida with my iPhone APP? I'm trying out of desperation to get it to work without a VSP. The old setup (with the VSP) worked fine for about 6 months then all of a sudden decided to get into a real **** mode where the audio is breaking up. Lost packets? Internet link speeds at both ends are in the 20 MIP's range. I'm hopping that if I setup with the new smartlink it might help. I know wishful thinking. But this is why I bought the 6500, for remote use, and it is not doing a very good job. Any help on getting smartlink running with my iPhone, without a VPN ?

73 Jeff kb2m

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2017
    Have you read the SmartLink Quick Start Guide?  This is a good place to start.  Note that you are going to need someone local to the radio to PTT it to register the radio with your SmartLink account (this is covered in the doc).
  • Jeff Griffin
    Jeff Griffin Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    thank you Eric. I will read through the doc, and then recruit someone local to my remote site to register my 6500.

• Jeff Griffin
    Jeff Griffin Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Moving right along here. I am now connected with my SmartSDR iPhone APP. I had a friend stop at my remote location to register my 6500. While he was there I got a green test indicator light. It is once again working very well on my iPhone. I am using the cell phone data network. Next problem is my iPad. It also worked on occasion with my iPad with the VPN. Now, it sounds just like the old problem of dropping lots of packets. The audio is breaking up badly. So now my problem is that with the same settings that work very well on the iPhone, the iPad has the same old issues. Any ideas?

73 Jeff kb2m

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.