Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR V2 Update PayPal

Patrick Moonen
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I would like to purchase smartSDR V2 via PayPal normal 199$. When I want to complete the transaction, I also have to pay shipping everything costs 240,79 $. I'm from Belgium in Europe, I'm doing something wrong ??

73 Pat ON3CQ

Answers

• Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Pat

We are looking into this.  Please stand by and we will get it sorted out.

Mike 
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    I believe EU is charged a VAT tax Dave wo2x
  • K3ZJ - Dave
    K3ZJ - Dave Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Credit or debit card such as Visa or Mastcard most efficient form of international payment when currency exchange necessary.
  • Patrick Moonen
    edited January 2019
    Is just for update my SmartSDR I do not need a version on CD. I need to pay 41.79 $ extra.
    My total price for update costs me through the shop 240,79$. image
  • Patrick Moonen
    edited July 2018
    I use PayPal here.

• Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    HA HA HA HA - good joke

No US company charge a VAT from EU customer.
    It's shipping cost - FRS deal till today only hardware and not prepared selling software.
    I think they will fix the bug in FRS shop fast

.. have buyed last year my Maestro at FRS shop - only shipping was added
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2017
    VAT is required to be charged for all EU sales transactions.
  • Patrick Moonen
    edited July 2017
    Can I better wait for Chris before I do the Update. Because that's all new to me here.

• Tim - W4TME
    edited July 2017
    The type of payment doesn't make a difference, we are still required to collect VAT.
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Chris,

Sorry but this is not a bug.  We don't like any more than you do but EU law requires that we charge for VAT on software sold directly over the Internet.  We have to pay a third party company to do all the VAT filings so we make less money when we sell software into the EU. 

Gerald 
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Here's a further explanation: https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/sites/taxation/files/information_microbusinesses_euvat_2015_en...

Basically for downloadable software purchases EU collects VAT based on where you live, not where you purchase the software from. Some US states have the similar regulations for state sales tax on software downloads.

Ria
  • Patrick Moonen
    edited April 2020
    Why do not we have the opportunity to buy the software here in Europe. It's 41.79 $ extra just for update. That probably is the update version for the USA market 199$ ?. 

• Rob G6EIH
    Rob G6EIH Member
    edited July 2017
    Only if not registered for VAT which I am.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited July 2017
    Unless you are a business customer of FlexRadio Systems (one of our distributors) we are required to consider the transaction a B2C transaction and charge VAT.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited July 2017
    Because the EU charges VAT on purchases and services and we are required to collect and remit it.
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    OK - i never stop learning! It's new for me - my Apologie!
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    @Patrick The Euro is $1.165. A few weeks ago in June it was $1.09. So with the stronger Euro you are getting a discount to help pay VAT Blame your own government for VAT.
  • Patrick Moonen
    edited July 2017
    Download and install V2 with the strong Euro now $1.16.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.