Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR v2 and v1 on the same drive?

Dave - W6OVP
Dave - W6OVP Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Can SmartSDR v2 (for a 6400) and SmartSDR v1 (for a 6300) live on the same hard drive? Or are there interactions that prohibit it?

Answers

• Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    They can exist on the same drive, but when you start either one the radio will upgrade or downgrade the firmware to match which version of SmartSDR that you are going to use. Not recommended.
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    It works fine if you use the appropriate version for the radio programmed to that version. If you mix the radio with a different version, you will get a caveat to upgrade/downgrade. Just close and bring up the appropriate version compatible with that radio.

Jim, K6QE
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Jim is correct; it works just fine. I have a 6500 that’s still on V2 and my Alpha test 6400 running V3. Actually, I typically have multiple versions of SSDR loaded on the computer. You just need to select the appropriate version for the radio. If you’re using a Maestro, you’ll need to let it upgrade/downgrade if you switch radios...just takes a couple of minutes.
  • Delbert McCord
    Delbert McCord Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I had the same question, thank you for letting me know. I am going to finally connect the 6400 I purchased a few months ago as a backup for the 6300. When I get it all connected I still want the ability to reconnect the 6300 if I ever have to send the 6400 to the shop for repairs. I like to have a backup rig. 
  • Dave - W6OVP
    Dave - W6OVP Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Thanks for the helpful comments. With a 6400 on the way I plan on running both rigs/versions briefly (not at the same time) while getting used to the new software before letting the 6300 go. -Dave.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.