Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR v2.5.1 Installed -- One happy installer!

Ernest - W4EG
Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
edited June 2019 in New Ideas
Read and followed Tim's installation (not to the letter.) I did not remover v2.4.9;  and left all my profiles untouched. 
Everything else was performed according to his instructions: Particularly turning the radio off and disconnecting the DC power source. 
My Flex-6700-GPSLE was turned on. Downloaded v2.5.1 and installed: The radio came alive and calibrated.  
CAT and DAX came up but they were not working; until SmartSDR was restarted. 
The following is my configuration for the following software:
I used FT-8 (running) under v2.4) and it worked. 
I had lost of my log book (for 5 weeks) and all logging history for the passed 8 years: Prior to v2.5. And magically it all re-appeared.
I am not a computer geek or anything near to; However, I just know that even this software(HRD) came alive. After version 2.5.1 was installed.
By the way, I DO NOT endorse HRD! This software is hard to setup and use: And they have very little support for Flex Radio user. Maybe this will change: Eventually.
If you try my method; I hope it will work for you too!

Comments

• AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited June 2019
    I have used HRD with my 6700 for a few years now and find the support to be excellent and is absolutely automatic and a no brainer for this 76 year old non computer literate old school ham IF you use SliceMaster... that piece of software is the greatest thing since sliced bread and fresh air
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    SliceMaster + DXLabs = winning combination
  • Michael N3LI
    Michael N3LI Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Not much of a fan of HRD either,  but to each their own. 
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    I used HRD when my FT 450D VFO crapped out. It was OK but always seemed to have problems with SignaLink. At times it worked and then suddenly it didn't. The lack of consistency was a real irritant.
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited June 2019
    Sounds like the software is being blamed for a hardware problem... before the 6700 I used HRD with my Icon 781 for years flawlessly
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Actually the software was introduced because of a hardware problem.

It is possible of course that the SignaLink had issues of it's own. Either way I was not overly impressed with HRD.  I'm sure it works fine for others but it didn't for me.

To each their own

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.