Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR v2.4.9 Does anyone know why the 4K receive filter tab was replaced with 6K ????

Ralph T Lees
Ralph T Lees Member
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
updated to SmartSDR v2.4.9 and found my 4K filter tab that I use all the time is now 6K!!
Am I missing something  lots of people run 4K wide but its rare to see any running 6K wide.  I miss my 4K TAB

Answers

• mikeatthebeach .
    mikeatthebeach . Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Well in SDR IOS 4KHz is 4KHz with version 2.4.9 Will check out SmartSDR on my PC to see if different 73 Mike
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    You're right: DIGU has a 6k filter tab now, although USB still has got it's 4k filter tab.
    To create a 4k filter tab in DIGU you can draw one on the screen and then save a profile.
    73, Alex - DH2ID
  • Ralph T Lees
    Ralph T Lees Member
    edited October 2018
    Hi Alex,  All my SSB,  USB or LSB on any band any mode there is no 4K anywhere.  I don't understand why Flex would make that change 6K is not the norm.   Maybe i'm still missing something or am I the only one not happy with this?? Did  someone or a group of hams request this to be changed?  for a simple thing this is a pain in the ****.
    73's
  • Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    If Flex would just implement user "adjustable" filters all these type problems would be solved.  Come on Flex, this was a feature of PowerSDR many years ago!
  • Andy - KU7T
    Andy - KU7T Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I have never used 4k. I am puzzled why you need it.  I use 1.9 to 2.9 for SSB.  4K is way too wide in my opinion.

Andy
    KU7T
  • Ralph T Lees
    Ralph T Lees Member
    edited October 2018
    Hi Andy,  I listen and talk to a big group of hams on 80m with Flex and Anan's mostly running 4K wide and they sound good AND if 4K is to wide WHY did flex change the receive tab to 6K from 4K witch is a lot wider than necessary.   There is a new mode called E-SSB that is very wide!!  SmartSdr updates are far and few between and I can live with that as long as it's not going backwards.  Like I say I LOVE MY FLEX 6300.  But I'm glad I can see my name at the bottom of the screen, I am age 71 and it there for when Alzheimer's sets in.
    Ralph
    N1FMB
  • John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I really like what K4JAF said above about user defined sizes. Would be nice to right click on a filter width size and adjust it however large or small the user desires.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    If you are using SSDR/Win, then you can open the Mode tab on your slice window and it will have the 4K filter option.  It has only been removed from the RX window of the Right Hand Rig Control Panel.

The same for DigiU & DigiL... there are more set filter options available via the Slice Flag than in the Control Panel tabs.

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    That is a good point Ken, that way we can customize each slice as we want it instead of one setting sets all from the control pannel. It is amazing how many times I overlook the slice settings were that is what has most control over slices.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Actually, what you select on the RH control panel in most cases only applies to the "active" slice - whichever slice is selected and the filter stripe is yellow.  (or in case of Transmit settings, only the slice that is "active transmit" (Red TX button active in the slice tab).  

It can get a bit confusing.  But that is why I have the first AUX button on my FlexControl set to toggle the active slice.

• Doug - W5WTX
    Doug - W5WTX Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019

I assumed (yes I know) that the 6K filter was implemented to support FT8 Fox / Hound mode.  Although I found no issues with the prior release filters.
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Are you sure you need a 6k filter for fox/hound? I have always used 5k, which is more than enough for FT8, JT65 and JT9. But then I'm new to the fox/hound concept and can always learn :-)
  • Ralph T Lees
    Ralph T Lees Member
    edited October 2018
    Thanks Ken never thought to go there to change filter, I'll just have to get used to it.   Good info. Thanks again
    Ralph
    N1FMB

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.