Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR v2.3.7 doesn't obey Max. Power Limit

Gastonet
Gastonet Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Since updated to SmartSDR v2.3.7 my 6500 doesn't obey the Max Power limit. I had it on 20 watts but in operation allows me to go up to 100watts.

Any idea?

Comments

• Gene - K3GC
    Gene - K3GC Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I have the same problem.  I hadn't noticed it til now since I pretty much always use Tx profiles,but sure enough it ignores the max power setting.
    I, too, have a 6500.
  • John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Noticed it as well on my 6700. But although I can moved the slider to 100 watts, my output wattage is the same as I have it set down to which is 50 watts.
  • ai6re
    ai6re Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    This must be specific to Maestro because my 6500 follows the Max Power setting just fine from the computer. My setting screen looks different than the one in your post.image

• Gastonet
    Gastonet Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    No, it happens with desktop version too.

• John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Crank the slider up to 100 as seen above. What is your measured output power with max set at 20 watts? Now I do like the old way in which the slider would stop at where ever you had the max power set at. Nice little reminder.
  • Gastonet
    Gastonet Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Limit at 20, Output set at 100, measured 36 watts. Weird. If i set up limit at 100, output power is around 93 watts.
  • Gene - K3GC
    Gene - K3GC Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Interestingly, If you set the max at 50 as stated it will slide all the way but will not put out more than 50.  However, if you attempt to sliee the tune power to more than 50 it will bounce back to 50.  Hmmmm, feels like a bug to me.
  • Rick  WN2C
    Rick WN2C Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    You have 2 slices open. Is the power set the same on both? Did you manualy set the power slider higher on the other slice?

Ok, disregard. I thought you were on 2 different bands.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    In SSDR if you set power to say,,50 then enable ALC then disable ALC,,,click on and then off the setting for max out remands were you set it.
  • ai6re
    ai6re Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    You are correct that the power slider will go higher but the power is limited on transmit. 
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I believe that is working as planed, when set at 50 the transmit power is limited to 50w and also the tune will follow.
  • Gastonet
    Gastonet Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Put a limit on 20, set the slider to 100. I bet you have more than 30
  • Gastonet
    Gastonet Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Sounds like a workaround, not a fix.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    The max power out slider is linked to the ALC, this is how you make the setting active.
    But this setting is meant to be set using a transmit profile. So we make a new transmit profile for each band or what ever reason you have for setting different power settings.
    If you make a profile and set the max power out and save the profile it will always come up as you re select that profile.
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    What is being displayed on the screen when max limit is set to 20 and it shows 100 on screen you are seeing the percentage of the max limit. If you set it to 50 on the screen you should be at 10w out with the max limit set at 20.
  • Andreas Junge
    Andreas Junge Member
    edited April 2019
    Two more possibilities:

Are you running DDUTIL? If yes, it can set the power level. Can be adjusted in the amp section.

If you have an expert amp and run it in Flex CAT Mode, the amp will set the max power when in "operate"

73, Andreas, N6NU

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.