Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smartsdr v2.2.8 verdict

Wayne
Wayne Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Tim the jury(me after 4 days use) is in with a guilty verdict on the charges of providing quailty refined version with no issues detected once updated and cold booted and repeated testing and use. The most outstanding items noted are listed quickly. 1. hdmi issue resolved just make sure its connected and turned on prior to booting rig 2. Boot time has went from 2min 40 sec with older version to a consistant 1min 35 seconds. 3. Startup now is consistant and predictable. This is the version that should have been provided upon initial release of the product shipment. Yourself and the flex team have done an excellent job and as you and others have observed here on the board I do not offer attaboys or praise often and only when observed as a ham and consumer when I pay for a product or service especially when the investment is significant in cost I have little tolerance for defects or less than satisfaction or especially if I feel some related interactions with employees show they are not doing there jobs. However the whole flex team has exceeded this standard in my opinion and I offer them a well done and keep up the good work. Thanks again you are all doing great and it has been noticed and appreciared!

Comments

• Jean Drolet
    Jean Drolet Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    but we are still waiting for the possibility of having a pure signal
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    You must have a rock in your pocket cause we does not include me!
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    It does not have pure signal? wow fooled me!!
    And if it ever happens I hope Flex does not lose that laid back natural sound that we have, un like the other product that has it.
  • FRED  W9TB
    FRED W9TB Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Wayne are sure about 2 min 40 sec to start up old ver ? My 6600M never took longer than 1 min 40 sec to start up that is from time the waterfall showed.  I have not timed the new one yet.
  • Scott N8UMW
    Scott N8UMW Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Working noise blanker?
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Mine always took 2 min and 40 seconds from the first time I used it Im sure because I took videos of the startups with my 70d canon then used corel video pro 5 to go frame by frame through the video and see all the things it was doing and screens it shows which the human eye does not see during startup. It was interesting I may do that again with this version just to see the difference. This was for the 6400M with v2.1.32 installed back in the 2nd week of March.
  • Thomas NE7X
    Thomas NE7X Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Noise blanker improvement, YES. I was hoping it would have been in the 2.2.8 release. I'm sure Flex will address this in time.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    It has been 4 years. I dont ask anymore as it is useless and falls on deaf ears.
  • Scott N8UMW
    Scott N8UMW Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    That will be in 2.3. Hahaha.
  • Scott N8UMW
    Scott N8UMW Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Yes the latest version has some nice additions. Don't get me wrong, but.....
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I did go back and review the videos since it had been so long and it was 1 min and 47 seconds vs the now 1 min and 35 seconds so its now 12 seconds faster booting up which is a considerable achievement ... wanted to double check.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.