Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR V2.0.32 Craashes

W2PP
W2PP Member ✭✭
I know I saw a thread on this but cannot find it again to add to it.  My system just freezes up for no reason at all.  I'm reading a HOW TO on another program, so no interaction with the radio at all and SmartSDR freezes and audio of course gone.  Had to do a hard reset of the 6700 to get back.  Using WIN 10 build 1709, Gigabyte LAN only a few feet away from the router so signal strength isn't the issue.  Could be I suppose interference from something else on the LAN?  Recovery though should still be possible even if comm is lost briefly?  I know you guys are aware of this just adding another data point.
Peter

Answers

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Most of us have gone back to V2.0.30 and all runs fine, Just wait for FLEX to come out with a new version that address's this issue. 
    From all the different people that have had issues that I have seen guys talk about here, it is happening on all the 6000 radio models maybe more on the older versions then the new models but maybe because there is more older radio's then the new models out.

Anyway rest assured FLEX programmers are hard at work tracking it down. 

73's
    Bret
    WX7Y

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    My 6500 seems to be immune to this problem, I wonder why? I know Flex says that if anyone installs the software or does an up grade without doing a cold re start right after, crashes are very possible.
  • Tom    N5MOA
    Tom N5MOA Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    My 6500 is not immune to the problem.

I always do a cold re-start after installing/upgrading the software.
    Win10, latest updates, CAT cable (that came with the radio) straight to the computer. Only turn the radio off if a storm is passing through.

Lockup w/tone on 2/21, next morning 2/22 had a "lost connection" message, did a factory reset, apparently didn't help the problem.  3/4 lockup w/tone, 3/4  came in a few hours later to a lost connection message, 3/7 lockup then lost connection.

Guess I'll downgrade in the morning.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Yes any lose connection will always cause a crash.
  • Bill-KB0BK
    Bill-KB0BK Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Too bad about the problems - hope I don’t have any. I have been running the latest version since the day it became available and have had ZERO issues on my 6700. I am running W7 on a Mac Mini via Bootcamp. I am also enjoying the nearly seamless remote operation using either my Maestro, iPhone or iPad (and getting great reports). I thoroughly enjoy the 6700. Can’t wait to add the PGXL amp to the station.
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Bill, I have also zero issues with SSDR and W7. It would be interesting to see, whether all crashes occur with W10.
  • Bob N7ZO
    Bob N7ZO Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Running Windows 7 here on the desktop.  2.1.32 has been crashing daily on my 6700.  Requires a long press on the front panel to get it restarted.  Remotely, it requires two cycles of the remote input on the rear panel to get it restarted.  I finally gave up on .32 and just rolled back to .30 this afternoon.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    So why do many of us have no problems at all, and others do? I have never seen this happen, and I wonder why. W7
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Its in the bug tracker as issue #5942 .... if you need the reference number :-)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.