Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR v1.4

2»

Answers

• James Whiteway
    edited November 2014
    There is no longer an annual charge for SmartSDR. When a new full version update comes out, we are given the choice of staying with the version we have, including incremental updates/bug fixes, or purchasing for $199.00 (plus tax if you live in Texas) the next full version of SmartSDR. They are hoping that the next full version will entice users enough to buy the next full version. WAN is scheduled to be in v2.0, so that will cost an additional $199.00 if you want that. Local LAN is in the next incremental update to version 1.x ( v1.4) which everyone will. get.
    All that was spelled out in a previous Insider Newsletter a while back. Flex decided that the annual subscription model was not a viable one. (which I agree with)
    james
    WD5GWY

• Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Bad analogy Guy. The GPS in your car is a better analogy. You bought it with a given rev of the street map information. If you own that car 2 years later, those streets your 2 year old GPS showed are likely still active streets. However, any new street information since the map version that came with the GPS are still (2 years or 3 or 5 years later), not on your GPS, not unless you buy the upgraded map set. By the way, if I want to upgrade the GPS in my car, I believe that will be the better part of $300.

See the difference?
  • Steve - M3SXA
    Steve - M3SXA Member
    edited February 2015
    Tomtom give free map updates..... but unfortunately my gps is to old for that.. and I have to pay ;-(
  • G4YDO
    G4YDO Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    the software is NOT FREE we have all paid for it when we bought the radio.

come on flex pull your fingure out.
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Folks...we need to stop being intentionally obtuse.  We all understand that Flex Radio's intent:   There will be no additional charge for any of the 1.x family releases.  Parsing words like this in such a confrontational manor does not help anyone.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2016
    I think it is one of those things that is at the end of the palm of your hand.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    The initial question of this post has been answered, so I am closing it.  Thanks for all the constructive comments.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.