Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR v1.4 Update Posted

Gerald-K5SDR
Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
edited February 2023 in New Ideas
For those who are wondering where we are with SmartSDR v1.4, I've posted an update in the announcement section.  Here is a link.  Thanks for your continued support.  73, Gerald

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/smartsdr-v1-4-update

12 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Comments

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Thanks Gerald. Sad to see FreeDV misses out this time around. I hope it is not too long until SmartSDR Waveform Interface sees the light of day.

Best 73.

• k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    and if I may be so bold....
         perhaps break some of the major pieces out to make separate releases.

In any case, I am still enjoying the 6500 as is!    (do not need at this time FM / thin net / FreeDV)

_..--
     k3Tim
  • Larry
    Larry Member ✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Thanks for the update Gerald. Looking forward to 1.4 release.

• k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    No - I don't think so.  

31 Jan was an estimate.  Being a s/w C coder for 20 years I've seen my share of this.  
  • G4YDO
    G4YDO Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    thanks for what? no date nothing but dribble. it's only 4 nonths later.

• Tony Hateley
    Tony Hateley Member
    edited February 2015

I knew I had been mugged all along

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    FreeDV will not be in this release IIUC.
  • mw0pic
    mw0pic Member
    edited January 2020

Hi all

Perhaps I did not do my research thoroughly before I bought my 6300.

I was under the impression that it was an all mode radio and would include basic functions like FM.

****************The UK advertising stated it was all mode.**************

I use FM on a regular basis and personally do not care about remote operations and other computer "geekery". but I understand the requirements of others.

I am a radio ham and want to use a radio.

The 6300 is a fine radio except for lack of FM functionality.

I own a flex 3000 and a flex 5000 .

I understand that flex users are always on the leading edge of Hi tech SDR and Flex caters for all types of users both radio hams and computer techs and LAN wizards.

But Flex please get the radio to what an all radio should do FIRST. and soon.

Bob

• Tony Hateley
    Tony Hateley Member
    edited February 2015
    so I have to go to my ham club on Monday and get all the comments again.thanks
  • G4YDO
    G4YDO Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    here here bob, i bought my 6700 in the uk 15 months ago thinking it was muilt mode.
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Gerald,

My radio is packed so do not be in any hurry. 
    Moving in 3 Weeks from California and sightseeing the USA underway to Amelia Island, Florida.
    Looking forward to use v1.4 sometime in April or May when I get to my new residence.

Till then 73
  • mw0pic
    mw0pic Member
    edited March 2015
    Hi When I bought my 6300 it was advertised as an all mode radio. No one said it probably will be an all mode radio eventually.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    @G4DYO - It is and was multi-mode; just not as multi as you would have liked.

@ MW0PIC - It fill be nowhere near "all mode" even with FM. You do realise how many modes there are in today's amateur radio, hi hi?

Funnily enough, when I researched the market and decided to buy by 6300, I did not have those enhanced expectations. That was why I was on this forum before I bought (to the annoyance of some) asking all sorts of pre-sales questions.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Have a safe trip and keep in touch.

Best 73.
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Flex Radio Systems has been nothing but above board on their marketing, the current state of the art of their products, and road map on the inclusion of newer features and functionality.  If you are dissatisfied because your expectations were higher than what was publicized (the rest of us understood what we were buying), go find a mirror.  You'll quickly find the person who is at fault for setting bad expectations.

• mw0pic
    mw0pic Member
    edited March 2015

That kind of remark is expected on this forum. Please read my post.

The radio was advertised in the UK as all mode ,and it was reasonable for that to include FM.

I expect now, that this thread will get personal and I don't need any of that nonsense.

I am allowed to make reasonable comment without fear or expectation of abuse and criticism because I dared to state my views on a subject.

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    This stuff http://www.theakstons.co.uk/Ales/Old-Peculier/ is *proven* cerebral lubrication. Don't try using any of your native brewed stuff, if you sent it to a lab they would tell you your camel was pregnant, hi hi. Just off to have a cold bottle now, in fact.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Guy
    Was never annoyed with you, just wondered how much longer you were going to research. You did the right thing by kicking all the tires twice, better to have confidence about the radio.  I blame the road for the bumps and praise the rig for the ride. 
    Jay - NO5J
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    You are correct that we said the date was an estimate based on best information we had at the time.  I have been involved hardware and software businesses since 1976.  I have learned over and over and over again (and over again) that hardware is easy - software is hard.  You do your best to accurately estimate project magnitude and manage to a schedule but in complex systems "stuff happens."  

There is another strategy that many companies use (e.g. Apple).  Never talk publicly  at all about your plans.  Then no one can grumble if you miss your internal estimate.  By the way, Apple has infinite money to pay for engineers and testing.  They and Microsoft still have to come out with point releases to fix broken stuff they didn't find in testing.  
  • G4YDO
    G4YDO Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    why can't we have a date now for release. we've all invested all lot of money in flex, surely you owe us all a date of release. 
  • steve smith ka1sdr
    edited January 2015
    why give a date they wont keep it
  • G4YDO
    G4YDO Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    apple do not release equipment that only half work.

• Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Bob MW0PIC, even with the addition of FM to the 6000 family, it still will not be "All Mode" radio.   There are more "modes" out there than you can shake a stick at.  If all you are going to do is read a top line of a marketing slick and then lay down 2500 Euro's, then you are at fault, not Flex Radio.  I did my research and I was not, and am still not disappointed. 

Caveat Emptor!
  • mw0pic
    mw0pic Member
    edited March 2015
    I know how to turn customers into whiners
  • Greg - K5GJ
    Greg - K5GJ Member ✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Guy - I don't think we've met but I definitely can agree with your **** choice!  I used to "commute" to Kings Langley for work and I miss the fine brews of "G-Land".  Old Peculier is awesome!  I've had 1 or 2 of their seasonals too.... Cheers!  73, Greg - K5GJ
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Yes please Guy, another **** if you don't mind.
  • Richard McClelland, AA5S
    Richard McClelland, AA5S Member ✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Reference the comment about Apple having infinite money.
This discussion has been closed.