Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR v1.4 TX Audio Quit

K9DUR
K9DUR Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows

I was NCS for the Indiana Traffic Net this morning on 75m.  About half-way through the roll call, TX audio quit.  At first I thought it was the old intermittent TX audio problem with the footswitch, but re-keying the radio several times did not help.  Shut down & re-started client -- no joy.  Did hard re-boot of radio (removed 13.8V & re-started) -- No joy.  Ended up had to do a reset to factory defaults to get the transmit audio back.

After cold re-boot, all was well.

Radio:  FLEX-6700.

73, Ray, K9DUR

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    With all the work we did on profiles and persistence, it may take a reset using the new software to realign things.  Let me know if you continue to have any issues Ray.
  • Jack
    Jack Member
    edited April 2015
    Interesting story, I just had my audio go away (stop) on my recently upgraded 6300 - last night.

Only 4 hours on 6300 last night and all seemed fine both 10m USB and FM on 6m worked fine after the 1.4 upgrade.

I Turned rig on this evening and 6m FM was fine for 30 mins before I then tried to configure a 6m repeater which was unsuccessful, but probably due to poor antenna and distance to repeater  issues not the 6300?

I then went to the radio settings wizard and added a nickname to the radio's config and then went to the receiver tab and performed a calibrate via "start" button.

This calibration resulted in a change in the pan adapter as soon as it completed = images every 50K on the 6m band appeared.

I stopped the rig after terminating the software and restarted the 6300 only to see the blank window with no slice from the last session. Starting a new slice produced the same images every 50K pan and waterfall again - yup on both the pan and waterfall. I opened a second slice and no images in this one but still no audio in my signal when transmitting from either slice.

I checked my MIC settings on Filter still Low = 50 and High = 5000 (unchanged), Mic gain unchanged at 75 ?

I Tried to get the mic audio back by changing mode from FM to SSB then AM while also changing bands too and still no mic audio.

However, I recorded a buddy on the internal recorder and then hit the PTT and playback and what do you know, The internal recorded message still works = modulated the carrier fine but nothing from the Mic still.

Tried Factory reset = no change
    Tried Factory rest again after unplugging 6300 from power supply = no change no Mic modulation.

I reset and rebooted and unplugged the power all to no change = no mic modulation but recorded message played back did modulate the carrier just fine ???

NEXT: Down graded the SSDR to 1.3.8.126 and radio down graded firmware upon the next SSDR 1.3.8 connection but I had no RF Power when attempting to test the now 1.3.8 software and firmware?

Attempted to transmit on several bands and modes but no RF Power but plenty of mic audio now!

So, I figured since some of the radio came back with the down graded radio and SSDR I went for a SSDR 1.4 upgrade and of course the radio upgraded firmware the next connection and then

YUP - BUDAH BING BADAH BOOM = all is working fine again. Flex 6300 at 1.4 and working fine.

I will not be tweaking and experimenting anymore until I see a patch or upgrade to address this lost mic audio issue as I have seen this same issue reported by 3 or 4 others on various flex 6X00 radios. This is 1.4 software and or firmware for sure and not just a 6300 issue either !!!

Still a "died in the wool" Flex Fan !!

A Flex even running not so perfectly is still miles above an analog rig all day long  :)  :)

Jack Buckley
    W1AKN
    52 Forest Street
    Middleboro, MA 02346
    jbuckley2@comcast.net
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Are you guys importing your OLD profile's from 1.3.8.126, Just for the heck of it maybe try doing a hard reset and rebuild your settings and see if that helps.

73's
    Bret
    WX7Y

• Jack
    Jack Member
    edited April 2015
    Done that absolutely.

I have not had the 6300 long enough to have that much created to require an import but I did during the repair process pull in some from the original and then the last install upgrade I started over clean.

The hard reset failed to return a fully functional radio and there was no way to bring in old profiles.

Anyway, I recently retired from 30 years as programmer in the medical field and very experienced in troubleshooting and testing procedures / criteria. I would never import any data from a "Broken" piece of gear regardless of how much effort creating new profiles would require as it then only introduces the very questionable data that is probably compromised by the failed radio in the first place.

I guess I was too vague in my earlier report, but I took it slow and made every effort to proceed in such a manor that I would not introduce my own problems. The first upgrade produced a terrific result every thing I tried was working great. Changing the nickname and calibrating the receiver 25 hours after having a successful upgrade and testing session should not have produced the destruction it did and this was not any of my doing as what I did was working just super !!!

This was after a successful upgrade and successful 4 hour testing session. Oh and this is not my first rodeo either.   :)

In the medical field they do not permit fatal errors !!!
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    sorry for trying to help you, it won't happen again!
    My 1.38.0 version ran for several days or even over a week or so before a bad profile problem showed up.
    WX7Y

• Jack
    Jack Member
    edited April 2015
    SORRY i GUESS YOU DID NOT READ MY REPORT i WAS REPORTING HOW i FIXED MY ISSUE MYSELF NOT ASKING FOR HELP BUT REPORTING AN ISSUE AND A FIX,  i THOUGHT RATHER THAN BOTHERING OTHERS FOR HELP FIXING MY OWN GEAR i WOULD SHARE WHAT FIXED A PROBLEM i EXPERIENCED AND CORRECTED MYSELF.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.