Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR v1.4 Available Now

13»

Comments

• Michael - OZ1MDF
    edited December 2016
    Oh yes you are, - you are just under orders not to :-)

The statement should go:

"We are unwilling to disclose any consideration regarding any future feature, due to the effect of raising background noise here on forum everytime we do disclose anything" :-)

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    If your app uses the v1 of the discover protocol to find a radio, you will need to upgrade to the v2 version.  You should be posting these issue as separate topics under the SmartSDR API category.
  • GI4FZD
    GI4FZD Member
    edited April 2017
    Just had first qso from laptop over wireless network using logitech wireless headphones,
    apart from a bit of eq tweaking it worked 100%..thanks all at FlexRadio for all the work.
    Cheers
    GI4FZD
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Using Google translate? :-)
  • Asher - K0AU
    Asher - K0AU Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Update seems very smooth.  Congrats to the team!  Loaded it last night, and worked a couple ZS on an otherwise dead 20M band.

Question: how do I get CW sidetone to play out?  I'm not hearing it over REMOTE or headphones with paddle keying or CWX.
  • Michael - OZ1MDF
    edited December 2016
    Very sorry for my subpar english skills. You guessed it, - English is not native to me.
    But, apart from that piece of ridecule, - do you deny the reformulated statement ? :)

• Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    We did not provide side tone capability for LAN Remote as the transmitted CW signal generated on the radio has to sync with remote audio, so there is a latency dynamic issue due to the network connection.
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Noted this also.  

Would be nice to have the side tone as an optional ON/OFF to the PC audio stream.

This was discussed a while back and those using CW skimmer say the side tone would disrupt the skimmer. So it seems it needs to be optional on/off.

Will file an Idea for this later.

k3Tim
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    I stand corrected.  There is side tone on CWX but if you select remote, the side tone is turned off.  Make sure it is enabled. 
  • Asher - K0AU
    Asher - K0AU Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I think I'd enter no sidetone on CWX as a bug (hard to tell if you've ****-fingered the wrong function key). 

Sidetone on paddle keying as a feature request.  (Your very nice network monitor is reporting less than 1ms RTT for me).

And to k3tim's point, probably no sidetone needed with DAX.
  • Asher - K0AU
    Asher - K0AU Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    messages crossed - you're amazing!  You fixed the bug report before it was even submitted.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Good deal. I notice it works fine through Access when running under my Win 8.1 VM. On Win 10 beta, no go. Another good reason to stick with release versions...
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Note that the latest FlexLib takes care of the transition to the newer discovery protocol which has been in use since v1.3.8.  v1.4.0 just dropped support for the older discovery protocol.
  • Nigel
    Nigel Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016

that's all well and good but in not writing code for windoze!.. ;)

• Dave - W6OVP
    Dave - W6OVP Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016

On Win 10 beta, no go.

I duplicate that here on a Toshiba Satellite L655-55156. DAX probs.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    It was a joke that did not translate well.  Sorry.

Yes, I sort of agree. It has nothing to do with background noise and everything to do with setting the proper customer expectation.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    edited December 2016
    Then you can use the FlexLib source as a guide.  That or use the discovery documentation in our wiki.
  • Nigel
    Nigel Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016

forgive me if ive got the wrong end of the stick but isn't flexlib a DLL? there is no source to be guided by.

• W5UN_Dave
    W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I worked 2 meter EME remotely today.  What a great radio. Looks like all the processing is done in the radio, not the computer
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    edited December 2016
    It compiles to a DLL, yes. But the source is available here: http://www.flexradio.com/amateur-products/flex-6000-signature-series/smartsdr-api/.
  • Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    I have a life to live too, Burt.  Jeopardy comes on in five minutes.

• Dan -- KC4GO
    Dan -- KC4GO Member
    edited November 2016
    Steve W6SDM
    That's what you get for living so far west... 
    We had our Jeopardy early and then got to play radio for couple hours :)
    Dan --- KC4GO
  • Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Michael, I have to use Google Translate to talk to my kids - and they grew up speaking only English.  :)
  • Nigel
    Nigel Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Thanks Eric.. I was not aware that was available appreciated. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.