Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR v1.4 Available Now

Comments

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    I don't remember this happening in 1.38 but could be wrong. Running non full screen I can lose a slice/pan adapter.  As you can see from image below I cant add another panadapter as its grayed out.  If I change the window size it will come back.

This is only in the one up and 3 lower configuration.
  • K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    The drag and zoom wasn't the feature I was referring to.  I'm referring to the increase in zoom smoothness and frame rate.
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    The performance improvements are incredible! I'm grinning from ear to ear.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Mazeltov!!!!
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    So now, no need for 1.5 when does 2.0 hit the pavement?
    I've got @200 burning a hole.image
  • Nigel
    Nigel Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020

Thank you guys...but it broke my software!! my device wont work but I figured the message length would change now 252 instead of 156.  but 1.4 looks and sounds much better.

• Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Is it true that SQUELCH is only available in FM?   DARN......
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    That is correct.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Yes, we no longer use the old discovery protocol packets, only the new version.
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Other than the Squelch issue, I'm sitting here having a cold **** in celebration and grinning from ear to ear!   Good job to the Flex programming and engineering teams!  Thank you for being so very patient with us goats......
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Opa!
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Appears so. That was my thought too.

I have to say I am very impressed with the performance of the update and think flex did a fantastic job.  My only disappointment is the memories. It requires more steps than its worth to use.  Unless I am missing something.
  • K6OZY
    K6OZY Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Rick, you can sort by clicking on a column which is obvious, but you can SubSort by shift clicking on another field. Unsure if that is in the docs.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Howard, have you tried it with Parallels Access yet? I haven't had a chance...
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    The sort helps and just figured out you can drag columns to organize which helps get stuff like "owner" which isn't something I need to the right.

I would just like to see two clicks. Like a "M" on the slice that you click and it opens a flyout and after you click the memory you want it closes.

Not complaining as this update is awesome. Going to shutup now :)

• Brent Parker
    Brent Parker Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019

I'm having a blast with 1.4. Got my $29 wireless logitech on and using it on the laptop thru out the house! Used another radio to listen to myself and dialed in the TX EQ a bit. For a cheap mic, it works very well. Vox is pretty good too!

I know this was a major coding and re-coding effort and the team is to be congratulated!  It works. I'm sure there are features many want, but my understanding of what just took place, was a major re-tooling of the system, that will now allow those little features to be more easily developed.

Getting the client truly "thin", efficient and the audio flowing is truly significant, and will now allow all those other items to move forward.

Again Congrats to the whole team!

Brent  W8XG

• rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    +1 to the tooltips in the dax control panel, very helpful. Also the enabled/disabled button changes and slice info is also very helpful. This is the best upgrade so far!
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    @Burt

I can't believe I actually liked something you said
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Not yet...catching up on other stuff
  • Dan -- KC4GO
    Dan -- KC4GO Member
    edited November 2016
    I also found some improvement in the NR have nothing for the NB to work against (i misplaced my looped relay spark generator). I used the ANF on the aviation SelCal (that's three solid tones that change) reduced it by about 40% better than before and didn't distort the voice as before. All good stuff. 
  • Wim
    Wim Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Upgrade worked fine for me, both local and remote operation from a nearby PC, next will try from the laptop.
    I just noticed the separate Tune power slider.. lots to discover ...
  • Dave - W6OVP
    Dave - W6OVP Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    So far, so good. Think the value of my FLEX 6300 just went up!
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Tim,
    Do you think Squelch will be operable on the other modes with the next release?
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Not working smoothly, SSDR windows don't show (well, they do, but as barren blocks). Did hear the audio when I set it on the local machine. I might be seeing a Windows 10 issue, although all played will with 1.3.8. More experimenting "later."
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    PS - worked great from the Wimdows tablet!
  • Wim
    Wim Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Worked remote fine from the laptop over WiFI, running VMWARE fusion on a macbook pro
  • Mark Erbaugh
    Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    How does that change things for users of FlexLib API?
  • W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    The 'serendipitous' NB improvements are impressive with my intermittent line noise on 160m...like 'wow, man....cool !!!'

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    @George

Just tried iPad Remote..

Seems to be working well.. No Major Issues   - usual great signal report

BIG BONUS.. now can double click on DAX icon in the tray and DAX Control Panel Opens..  No more right clicks...

Need to work on default menus for Access

Will load 1.4 onto Macbook portable soon too...

Now that native LAN works obviously an incentive to set up a VPN connection into my LAN so I can remote from the Macbook

Dreaming of a NATIVE iPad SSDR so I don't need to schlep Macbook

• Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    I am not able to speculate or make any forward looking statements as to what features may be in a future release.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.