Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR v1.10.15 BETA

dlwarnberg
dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
edited July 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Tim,
         FYI....Did a clean uninstall of the previous Beta version after reboot did an install of this new beta...  VSP drivers did not install.  Investigating

David

Comments

• mlstutler
    mlstutler Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Just did the 1.10.15 install.  Went smooth for 6300 and Maestro.  All drivers present and accounted for.  Go Flex...
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2018
    If you were running SmartSDR v1.10.8, then you already have the latest version of the FlexVSP drivers and they will not reinstall.

• dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Update... second install and reboot installed the VSP drivers... not sure what happened there.. all working fine now.

Thanks
  • G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I did not uninstall the previous version.  I installed this beta, updated my FRS6500 and my Maestro and everything is working as it should.  Simple, pain-free upgrade!

Can I just delete the previous versions directories or should I use the Windows Uninstaller?

David G4NRT
  • mlstutler
    mlstutler Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    SmartSDR Cat and DAX Control Panel show v1.10.15.  Drives may be same but shows updated version.
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    The release notes discusses the un-installation of previous versions.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited January 2017
    You should ALWAYS use the uninstaller that comes with each version of SmartSDR. 

As per the Release Notes, if you plan to uninstall previous versions of SmartSDR it is recommended that you do it before installing the latest version.  If you decide to uninstall previous versions now and encounter any issues, then you will have to reinstall 1.10.15 BETA.

or you can just keep it on your PC and do the clean up prior to installing the next release.
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited July 2019
    Install went well.

This does not seem to fix the hesitation in N1MM's use of Winkey. Sending CW from N1MM still has some gaps.

Kevin K4VD
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    Since this problem has been solved, I am closing this topic.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.