Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR V 1.3.8, last profile used does not load

DV
DV Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
After using my Flex 6700 with Ver 1.3.8 software and properly turning it off, upon cold start of the unit, the name of the last used profile usually does not show up in the profile text box as being loaded. This box is empty, requiring that I load in a profile before using the Flex transceiver.  Anyone else having this problem of a missing profile load on startup? Is there a cure?

Comments

• Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I have had a blank profile once. I don't know how it became blank since there is not a blank choice in the profile pull down.

After selecting a custom profile and properly exiting through the file pull down all seems okay. 

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Hi Doug and Bill,  I do on occasion get a blank or grey window when I start SmartSDR from a cold start of SmartSDR app.  In fact if I try to call up a profile it will not open the profile selection window.  what I have to do to make it work, is , **** the SmartSDR app and restart the app then select a profile,  it works on this second attempt.  On other occasions, when starting cold.  I will get a random setup in SmartSDR and not the last setup.  I only operate these days from the profiles, so why does it not remember the last setup?  Other things that happen on occasion are that when I select a profile, SmartSDR will crash.  After the crash and restart, then it will stabilize.  I know now that the profiles are actually stored in the radio and not in SmartSDR.  So what is causing this.  Is there conflict between the Radio SW and SmartSDR?  Who's the boss situation?  Your guess is as good as mine. 

• Larry , W8LO
    Larry , W8LO Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    I also get a blank window.  The profile is listed, but does not appear upon cold start of my 6500.  I muust select one before operating.  This happens almost every time.
  • Mark N1KM
    Mark N1KM Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I too have to select my desired profile on my 6500, if not every startup, then at least most of them. I am guilty of just Xing out of the program rather than using the File menu... wonder if that will make a difference.
  • Chuck
    Chuck Member
    edited July 2017
    Would be interesting Mark if you could try File vs X coming out of program.
    I have another program (X-plane Flight Sim) that will do just that, X out and your last profile is not saved.
    No 6500 here yet (on the way) but would be interested in your results.

Chuck
  • Bryan Rambo W4WMT
    edited January 2015
    Same here. Obvious bug. Has anyone submitted an official bug report on that one?
  • np2g
    np2g Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    If you are using a router/switch  between your flex and computer . This may have been affected by the Microsoft updates .

Since these  updates my  6500  has been seeing this situation.

I reset the power on the router/switch and all works?? It's possible that Flex does not have the
    "BUG" 

• Larry , W8LO
    Larry , W8LO Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Don't know when those updates were, but my 6500 has acted this way right out of the box.  Also, I have tried shutting down with both ways, and no difference. BTW, what is the correct way to boot up or shut down the 6000 series radios?  Didn't see it adr anywhere in the manual.  I was told by a very good source it didn't make any difference. 
  • Larry , W8LO
    Larry , W8LO Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Write a reply   
  • Ken - WA8JXM
    Ken - WA8JXM Member
    edited February 2017
    6300 here and none of the profiles I have saved show up later after closing the soiftware.   It has been a waste of time to bother with profiles here.   FWIW, this is Windows 7 64bit. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.