Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR "Retina" ready?

N8KWX
N8KWX Member ✭✭
edited June 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
I am running a Mac with Windows 10 under BootCamp.  My display is "retina" -- 4096x2304 @ 21.5 inches.

Windows 10 runs great with the 200% UI scaling turned on.  "Retina" mode for us Mac users...

Does SmartSDR work well in this configuration?   I am hoping the panadapter in particular will take advantage of my display.

Answers

• Ken Hansen
    Ken Hansen Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    So, to be clear, you are asking about running SmartSDR under Windows 10 on a 4K display, right? You should be fine, but to be honest why haven't you just tried it? The download is free, what's the worst that could happen?
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Yes, SmartSDR can handle 4k and it is glorious!

Now, my personal experience is Ultra High Definition (UHD) which falls a tiny bit short of TRUE 4K or DCI 4K.
    UHD is 3840x2160 while DCI 4K is 4096x2160 and therefor the 4K terminology.

"Retina" is a marketing buzzword from Apple and it mostly refers to Pixel density. Apple: "Retina Display is a screen with a pixel density high enough that individual pixels can no longer be discerned by the human eye when the device is held at a normal viewing distance. " 
    As an example the 9.7 inch iPad pro has a resolution of 2048x1536 which yields a 264 PPI, coincidentally the same PPI of the 12.9 inch iPad Pro with a resolution of 2732x2048. Neither of those resolutions are close to 4k but given the size of the screen and viewing distance they are superb to the **** eye.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.