Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR FT8 on IOS now working on ‘Max’ iPhones

Patrick W9PDS
Patrick W9PDS Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in SmartSDR for iOS
Not sure if you guys are aware but Marcus released support for FT8 on the Large screen iPhones this weekend. The app now supports FT8 if you are using an iPhone 10 or 11 Max. Larger screen resolution was needed to support the FT8 UI, but I can report the app works amazingly well on my iPhone 11 Max , I do not feel any loss of functionality using the phone vs my iPad. In addition he now supports deep decoding for fast CPUs and I can tell an noticeable improvement using this feature in crowded bands like 20 meters. image Screenshot attached showing my first QSO on the phone. Fittingly it was a contact to DE :) Thanks again Marcus! Pat S. W9PDS

Comments

• Justin W4JTD
    Justin W4JTD Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Wow. I just did FT8 from my iPhone......

pretty cool. 
  • snacey0103
    snacey0103 Member ✭✭

Hi,

Will FT8 be made available on smaller screen iPhones? I have an iPhone12 and purchased the IOS product to use for FT8, but can't. It was not clear in any sales descriptions that FT8 was not available for smaller iPhones.

Thanks,

Scott, W1MVY

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Marcus has not made any announcement about that. I think he decided the screen on other phones were too small. Plus older models don’t have enough CPU power or RAM.

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.