Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR login

K7QDX
K7QDX Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I'm currently operating remotely. Everything was fine, then I got a message stating that my session has expired on my laptop. When I attempted to login again I guess I forget what password and email I was using for the account and ended up having the account blocked. 

I attempted to ask it to send me an email but I never did. I checked the junk/spam even and never got the email.

Also I'm able to log in on my ipad and the radio works fine. I think I was able to figure out what the email address is and it appears that its not really blocked since I was able to login on my ipad. All of this remotely.

And suggestions would be great. 

Mike

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited December 2019
    Hi Mike

Not sure what I can add, but regardless of which type of login you use, the recovery 'should' work.  The security/login is not run by FRS but another company.  If you didn't get an email for an email recovery, and, assuming you are using email as the login, are you 100% you are using the right email address?

Since you are remote, it is a bit tougher to debug beyond that.  iOS login uses a slightly different procedure under the covers, so that is why it is still working.

Have you checked your Spam folder to see if the recovery email is there?

73, Mike va3mw

• K7QDX
    K7QDX Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Guess a phone call tomorrow to flex wont help?

It appears that I have at least three email addresses set up. When I log into the second and third email addresses it doesnt see my radio but lets me log in to Smart SDR. I even attempt to get it to send me a password that didnt work either. 

Using Facebook and Gmail also doesnt appear to work anymore.

Facebook says:

App Not Setup: This app is still in development mode, and you don't have access to it. Switch to a registered test user or ask an app admin for permissions.

Mike
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited December 2019
    So, this is easy to fix if you are at home.  Difficult, if not impossible while remote.  It is done this way for security reasons.

Service is closed until Monday, but you would still need to be at home and then you could solve it yourself by just logging out and logging back in so you can also do the PTT registration part.

Yes, you do need to keep a record of the email address you are using and the password.

Mike

• Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    To add to what Michael says,   the reason you are not getting a reset message is one of two things..   You may not have responded to the authentication email that was sent to that email account.  Without your verification of your email account,  the authentication system does not know where to send a password reset.   Or you were requesting a reset on a nonresistant account..    Like Mike says,  easy to create to another email account locally ,  but a pain to try to do it remotely.   If you try to create on a previously setup email,  it will give a "Already Existing Account"  error.   Be sure to respond to the verification email when it arrives to verify back to SmartLink authentication server. 

Hope all this helps,
    Dudley
    WA5QPZ 
  • K7QDX
    K7QDX Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Thanks guys just being the spoiled Ham and have the want to play radio now.. you know when you are at the in-laws you need to escape. 
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    It depends upon which authentication format you used originally. If you used the Gmail/Google or Facebook Authentication routine, then you must change your password via the Gmail/Google or Facebook site, and it will change your Gmail/Google or Facebook password.... If you originally used the simple Email + Password routine, then the “forgot my password” routine in SmartLink should send you an email to change the login password for SmartLink. And it doesn’t change your actual email password. But if you need to unregister or re-register the radio, or change the type of account authentication, you must be able to key the mic or hit the cw key at the radio to verify the registration change. This is a security measure to prevent someone from hijacking your radio....

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.