Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smartsdr License not working

Mike
Mike Member
edited April 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

I just bought a licence today and after doing so it keeps telling me to press the refresh button but it still will not let me use my radio!

The radio ID matches as well

Its on a LAN directly, I rebooted the radio, restarted the computer that is on the same LAN and still no go.

Payment was made via Paypal.

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    Mike

Can you email me your callsign, s/n and radio ID to sales@flex-radio.com and I'll see what I can do on the weekend.

Make sure your IP address of the radio does not start with 169.****.****.****.

Mike

• Bill  /  VA3QB
    Bill / VA3QB Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Make sure your radio is connected to the internet as well. Bill
  • Mike
    Mike Member
    edited April 2018
    it just activated, thanks for your reply.

I do have a ? did I even have to upgrade to this version and is this a licence for life if you upgrade again its a free upgrade?
  • Mike
    Mike Member
    edited April 2019
    its all up and working now except the audio, thats the next step VIA Parriles
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2018
    SmartSDR sends its audio to the default sound device. Double check if that is still set correctly in Windows.
  • Mike
    Mike Member
    edited April 2018
    yes all defaults to the default USB headset is set, I can hear but the MIC is not working.  when in the audio settings in Win 8 When I speak I can see the meter in win 8 audio setting but it is not passing it to the flex software.

Almost there :-)
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2018
    Once your radio has installed the SmartSDR v2 license, it is there permanently until you decide to upgrade to a higher major version level.  All minor versions release with 2.x and the major version are free of charge.

See the Upgrades tab on the SmartSDR product web page for more details.
    http://www.flexradio.com/amateur-products/flex-6000-signature-series/smartsdr/

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.