Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR is about to be updated?

Takeshi Yamada
Takeshi Yamada Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I find that Ria's panadapter displays differently from the current one on FB.
Does it mean we can expect some X'mas present this year?
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155655984705202&set=gm.10155560234716321&type=3&ifg=1 

73 de JI1BNU
Ken Yamada

Answers

• Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Ken - I assume you're talking about the white'ish fill on her panadapter.  If this is an upcoming FRS change I sure hope it has the option an be turned on or off. I like the current panadapter better.  
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    @KF4HR -- This  variable transparency idea would be nice and should work for everyone....from this idea post a few years ago.  

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/if-you-want-the-ability-to-fill-in-the-pan-display-...

Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
    SSDR / DAX / CAT/ 6700 -  V 1.11.12
    Win10

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2019
    Ken, we are working on a new version of SmartSDR v2 that will support the new FLEX-6600(M), FLEX-6400(M) and the PowerGenius XL amplifier.  That version does contain a few new features that are applicable to all FLEX-6000 SDRs.  Its release will coincide with the production shipping of the new products.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2017
    It can be turned on and off in addition to varying the degree of shading.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    Get it put up for  download.
  • Takeshi Yamada
    Takeshi Yamada Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Tim, thank you for good news.
    I hope it include some improvements of NB/NR.   I have a problem with WNB when local big guns come up with over-driving, especiall with Icom linear.

73 de JI1BNU
    Ken Yamada
  • Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Excellent!
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    FYI, that's Mike's, not mine. It's an alpha version of the software. 

I run the same one as I'm testing out some of the new stuff like the PG XL.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    As Tim mentioned above, the fill is adjustable. 
  • Scott N8UMW
    Scott N8UMW Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Yes, the noise blanker sucks.
  • Charlie
    Charlie Member
    edited December 2017
    Great!!  Does the new version fix the DSTAR  issues?
  • W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    the regular NB still has a flaw at high settings ( like maxed out ), after transmitting;  it takes several seconds to recover...it even shows in the waterfall of FT-8...this defect has been present for a long, long time.

73, w5xz, dan

• K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    The WNB goes into a short burst of distortion when a stong  (S9 and over )signal comes on within the first 30K of the slice frequency..  about 1/2 to 1 second before it settles down again.  This is NOT because the strong station is overdriven or otherwise misadjusted.  Its an equal oppurtunity "feature".
  • Scott N8UMW
    Scott N8UMW Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    The NB, not the WNB, Is what distorts the **** out of many signals, far and near, when it is adjusted to any position but off. Must be a flaw or they would have fixed it by now.
  • W5XZ - dan
    W5XZ - dan Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    hey Lar, have you found any useful setting for WNB on 160m ??  I found i had to turn it down so much, that it didn't do anything...

• AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited November 2017
    That’s nice.... how does one do it????
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Komrad Dan..   I have found no settings useful on 160 for just WNB but have discovered if I use WNB set low along with a lower setting of NB I can still knock down the electric fence at the neighbors and minimize the distortion bursts mentioned above.  The neighbor is headed back to Texas with her horses so her house is for sale.  I hope it goes soon so the 6000+ bad fence splices can be shut down!

Can you imagine...having to minimize NB distortion bursts on a $7K radio.
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Hi Ria,
    Yes, glad to see Tim's reply.   My post about the variable transparency idea was about an hour prior to his reply and before the variable fill feature was acknowledged.   It's hard to tell the chronological order of posts sometimes.  

Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
  • G8ZPX
    G8ZPX Member
    edited December 2017
    Hopefully it will also flatten the pan trace to the noise floor zero point so that we don't have to be constantly adjusting it every time we swap bands.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.