Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR IOS Wish List

W5UN_Dave
W5UN_Dave Member ✭✭
edited August 2020 in New Ideas
I am enjoying using my iPad to listen and make QSO's. However There are a few things that would make that a lot easier for me (maybe others also). So I've made a wish list to address some of my desires.
1. when spots are shown on the display, tapping on one will cause the slice frequency to jump to that frequency.

2. When using CWX an option would allow live sending from a bluetooth connected keyboard.

3. A small popup logging window. Doesn't need to be overly complex. Allow entry of callsign, name, and sent/rcvd report, with default 59 or 599. Save button would save this information, along with time/date, band and mode stamp. The saved log would be ADIF that can be emailed to my main computer. Once emailed, the log file would be cleared. I would then import this into my main logging program. On CW, the keyboard would be redirected to the log entry window instead of CWX. Clearing the log window would send the keyboard strokes back to CWX

4. I'm sure others will have further items, but these are my basic, and keeping the list simple will likely make more possible for implementation. Please feel free to add.

How do I get this list to the SmartSDR ios designer?

Dave/W5UN
1 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    He's might be good QRZ, His call sign is DL8MRE his name is Marcus Roskoschon.

SDRgadgets

73, Jay - NO5J

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Marcus usually reads the Community
  • Joe - KC2TN
    Joe - KC2TN Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I concur with Dave with this addition. When leaving the app to check email or log a contact with another app, the iOS SDR disconnects and loses the iPad mic setting?? I have it set in profile but it's not persistent. Holding the connection , as well as settings, would be nice. Unless I'm missing something!! Only been using it for a few days. Otherwise, I like it! I've used it on my local wifi lan as well as via a RaspPi VPN and a good LTE iOS L2TP connection. Joe - KC2TN
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017

Joe

In settings you can control whether on Not SmartSDR for iOS stays awake and/or continues running in background...

the specific controls are
    1. Disconnect on close

2. Prevent device sleep

• Joe - KC2TN
    Joe - KC2TN Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Aha! Thanks Howard, I had Disc on Close set to On.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017

Joe

In settings you can control whether on Not SmartSDR for iOS stays awake and/or continues running in background...

the specific controls are
    1. Disconnect on close

2. Prevent device sleep

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.