Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR-IOS update Version 2.3 is here !

Chris DL5NAM
Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for iOS
SmartSDR-IOS V2.3 is ready for download at Apple App store.

Thanks to Marcus DL8MRE !

Hey, why you not let some "stars" and a comment about this software at APP store?

Marcus did a great job, do a good support and has a "open ear" for our feature requests!

73 Chris
DL5NAM

Comments

• John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    TU, very nice.image
  • Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I really like the color intensity panadapter fill.  Excellent idea Marcus!
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Yes, and that in combination with the spotted calls (DX cluster option) shows very useful. 

Have Marcus asked to have also a "peak hold" function  in scope window - cross my fingers. I don't know is t possible.

Chris
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Nice work Marcus. Love the app.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Just wrote a review for the APP Store... still the best app in the store
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Btw I believe TMobile smartlink users may be good to go now. There is an IPv6 option in the settings which enables IPv6.
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    well it use to work on my ipad 2 running ios 9.5.3 apple no longer provides ios updates for this ipad2
    and
    now not able to download the updates to smartsdr
    and
    smartsdr wont run cause it wants the latest data updates  ;-(

might be good idea to identify list of ios products it now currently run on

i do have ipad pro and iphone 8 where it runs perfectly

Paul K3SF
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    In the App Store it says that it requires iOS 10.0 or later.

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2018
    You beat me to it :-)
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    hi guys

true App store does say ios 10 BUT I have been running it on ipad 2 with ios 9.5 and  it still runs  BUT when i go to update data is says update data from app store BUT wont update data from app store.  just trying to understand if it really necessary to update data and what impact it may have on version i am currently running on the ipad2

i am running against the demo cause i am waiting for my 6600m to arrive it did work ruuning my 6300 but that was over 8 months ago when i sent it in as part of the trade-in program...

even if i can not run the panafall i would like to still use it a a control surface

just trying to understand what are the issues being left behind...
    note the ipad 2 can not be updated to ios10 even though it has the compute power to do handle it ;-((

here are recent screen captures from the ipad2

Paul K3SF

imageimageimage
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited February 2018
    I think the pragmatic answer is since you are using the older version of the app it will work with your radio until it doesn't.
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    hey tim

i agree...

i was just just hoping that chris may be able to provide some insight  as to when that may be.

BUT
    The real question is can the older app run fine use older data on older ios with the current flex radios running current ssdr?

i havent be able to test as no flex here currently to try it. i do know my 6600m should be shipping soon so i can test it live.

Like i said before i do have ipad pro and iphone 8 each running latest ios
    and no issues there...latest app, latest app data..

paul K3SF

• Tim - W4TME
    edited February 2018
    we don't do reverse regression testing. 

If you are getting a 6600, it will not work with that version of the iOS app.  The radio must run SmartSDR v2.1.30 or greater and version 2.1.30 is only supported with version 2.3.0 of the iOS app.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    From the manual:
    In addition to App updates, I am providing so called Data-Updates. Such Data-Updates can be used to update certain databases of the App such as the DX-Cluster Server database or Bandmap.This way, I can provide updates easier and quicker without the long lasting AppStore release process.Once there is an update available, normally, you will get notified and can install a Data-Update straight away. However, my App will only check for Data-Updates once per day and only if you are connected via WiFi to prevent wasting your data plan.For this reason, please check from time to time, if there is a Data-Update available by hitting the Check for Data Update button.

So it looks like you can just ignore the update if your iOS device doesn't support the update. 

If it keeps nagging you, you may want to send a note to Marcus and see what he can do, but iOS apps are not really friendly to downgrading. 

As an iOS developer myself - I feel the pain of having to support older devices, not because they are old but because occasionally Apple just blows that up when they force you to use certain minimum versions for App Store submission and also certain features are only available in later versions and the code is not backwards compatible.
  • Bob  KN4HH
    Bob KN4HH Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I have been running SmartSDR for iOS on the T-Mobile network for three days. and all functions are supported.  However, you must be running iOS 11.2.5 and SmartSDSR for iOS 2.3.0.  You must also enable the IPv6 option in SmartSDT for IOS
  • Harry W0LS
    Harry W0LS Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I do not see any option to do the update. I have version 2.2.2. If I tap check for data updates in the app it says "data update available". When I go to the app store there is the app does not show and I have no option to update it. How do I resolve this??

Thanks,
    Harry
    W0LS
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    If you are not on iOS 10 and above no update is available. 
  • Harry W0LS
    Harry W0LS Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Hi Ria...ios settings says I am at 11.2.1. I am updating now to 11.2.5...

Harry
  • Harry W0LS
    Harry W0LS Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Problem...after I updated the ios from 11.2.1 to 11.2.5 the update option was displayed and all is well.

Thanks.....

Harry
    W0LS

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.