Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR IOS No More Audio

[Deleted User]
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for iOS
Noticed that my SmartSDR for IOS updated yesterday to 2.2.2
Tried to use it this morning and I have no sound on speakers or headphones. Tried it on my Iphone and same thing.   Did something happen. Ive checked and double checked all settings. I have audio when using my PC remotely

Comments

• ThisUserDoesNotExist
    ThisUserDoesNotExist Company Adviser ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Steve, Not sure if you already consulted consulted the “Common issues” section of the Manual which says: Common causes of no or low sound output from the iPhone/iPad are: - Audio is muted (Speaker Icon at the top) - Under Audio (left menu) “iPad Audio” (or “iPhone Audio”), not switched on - Current selected Slice muted (Speaker Icon on Slice detail screen) - Current selected Slice volume too low (Tap on Audio on the Slice Detail screen and use the Volume Slider) - iPhone/iPad Volume set too low (Use the physical buttons at the side of your iPhone/iPad to increase the volume) - A Bluetooth or physical headset is connected and audio comes out of this accessory and not the internal speaker - Volume adjust slider in the settings screen set too low - In settings, set “Default to Speaker” to on and disable “Allow Stereo” may increase output volume I guess it’s point 2 Please let me know if one of these points has helped. 73, Marcus, DL8MRE
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    Fixed . . . Had to reboot radio. I also noticed the radio was doing weird persistence stuff when exiting smart SDR. Reboot fixed it all
  • ThisUserDoesNotExist
    edited November 2017
    Interesting, so I should add this point to the manual ;-) 73, Marcus
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    Yes you should. Audio worked fine on Pc but it wasn't working on ipad and iphone
  • ThisUserDoesNotExist
    edited November 2017
    But if that’s the case, then I would suspect that some of the points, mentioned before, would also have fixed this issue. Anyways, good that it works, have a happy thanksgiving! 73, Marcus
  • [Deleted User]
    edited November 2017
    I went through all those points and nothing fixed it other than the reboot
  • ThisUserDoesNotExist
    edited November 2017
    Even more interesting and then, definitely yes, I will have to add this to the manual. Thanks!
  • [Deleted User]
    edited November 2017
    Yes it is. I noticed it last night when trying my new Iphone X... Thought it might be a setting in that. Then this morning tried Ipad and same thing. Thought it was a bug at first in the latest update because it worked on the PC.
  • BL7IB
    BL7IB Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I intended to use SmartSDR ios with iPad3 (ver1.2.8.0.50)with Flex6400.
    I have check all above but still no audio.

However if I connect to DEMO DEVICE there is loud and clear audio.
    I have check my LAN both 5G and 2.4G without issue.
    If I use iPhone7, audio is heard but sometimes intermitted.

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

@Marcus-DL8MRE

I have an audio problem myself. Audio for some reason just ceases. I thought at first it was a bad cell connection while running remote mobile. But it happens here at home while on my network. It usually happens when the headset connection is “jostled”. But the connection isn’t lost it just breaks for a millisecond or so. I have to then disconnect and reconnect. I’m running an 8th gen iPad with iOS 14.1.

Ed KA9EES

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.