Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smartsdr iOS headset audio not working

WV9L
WV9L Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for iOS
Went to use my headset with my iphone 7+ today, using the lightning adapter i always use. And have no audio coming thru it. Its like the app doesnt detect it anymore. Ive toggled the external speaker option on and off. I can use it to make phone calls and hear other apps audio just fine. So its not hardware. Anyone else seeing this? Now only my bluetooth headset will work with SmartSDR app. Battery went dead on it, so i went back to the wired one, and i was dead in the water, other than speaker phone audio, till it charged. Bummer!!

Answers

• ThisUserDoesNotExist
    ThisUserDoesNotExist Company Adviser ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Hi Jeromy,

here is what I would suggest:

- First, ensure that your Headset is connected

Besides the normal trouble shooting included in the manual (last chapter - I assume you already tried this), please check the following:

- In Settings of the App, check if "Default to Speaker" and "Allow Stereo" are both off
    - Disconnect your Headset (e.g. switch it off)
    - Connect to your Radio
    - Open the Left Menu, ensure the first switch "iPhone Audio" is switched on

See if you can hear Audio from the Radio. If not, please head to the "Common issues" Chapter of the Manual

If you can hear Audio, then

- Switch on your BT Headset

Sound should now switch to the Headset.

If that doesn't work, then

- Open the iOS Control Center (slide finger from lower edge of device into screen)
    - If not visible, scroll the Control Center left or right until you see the output Options which should either say iPhone, iPhone Speaker or the device name of your BT Headset
    - If iPhone or iPhone Speaker is selected, select your BT Headset

At least now, you should hear the Radio.

Please keep us updated what the issue finally was.

vy 73,
    Marcus, DL8MRE

• Jay Spaulding
    Jay Spaulding Member
    edited March 2017
    I had the same thing happen. I find that if you open the app start the radio and make sure you can hear it with speaker phone on. Then plug in headset and it switches over fine. No problem. Good luck
  • WV9L
    WV9L Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    The headset works fine with other apps and with music. Even the stock Apple earbuds work this way. I have done everything i know to do, toggle the speaker in the settings. Make sure its not muted in upper left, checked audio toggle in the upper left side bar, audio sliders in right slide out screen.  Weird, i can close the app and open up other apps or music app and all works fine. Everything works fine with my bluetooth headsets too. Just started after the latest app update.  I have deleted the app and reloaded several times as well.
  • WV9L
    WV9L Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    I ended up getting another lightning adapter and it works fine now. I dont know why, but the adapter that came with my iphone 7+ allowed me to make calls, and hear audio from all kinds of other apps, but for some reason wouldnt work with smartsdr ios app. Crazy
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Can you try to compare your 2 adapter with a Ohm meter? Maybe there is a difference in internal wiring. Only a idea.

73 Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.