Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR for Maestro v1.9.9 Winkey emulation still problematic

Mike_N1MD
Mike_N1MD Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have been using the Winkey emulation in SmartSDR off and on since it was released with N1MM+ in RTTY and CW contests.

Though there have been great strides in working out the bugs, in my opinion it is still not ready for prime time. I will go back to my USB Winkeyer again.

When using a mouse to activate contesting functions and macros with the emulation, there is a perceptible lag between click and execution. Often one needs to click on the function buttons twice in order to send the contest message. The issue disappears if I use the USB Winkeyer.

I have tried all kinds of adjustments to the Winkey screen in N1MM+ to overcome the latency when using the SmartSDR CAT Winkey emulator but no joy.

I have a 6700, a very fast and nimble PC with factory installed, fresh Win 10 and the machine is used for nothing else except radio operation/logging. The Maestro is on Ethernet to a switch that connects to my WiFi.

If anyone has any fresh ideas, I am eager to read them.

Mike N1MD

Comments

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Have you tried the Maestro directly to the switch without going through WiFi? Just to make sure the latency is not in your network. 

I am not saying that is the solution, just one more test that might shed light to where the latency might be.
  • Mike_N1MD
    Mike_N1MD Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Yes and no difference.
    Tnx for your response and thoughts!
    Mike
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2020
    Are you using the latest updates for N1MM+?
  • Mike_N1MD
    Mike_N1MD Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Yes -- 1.0.5924 released on 20 Sep 2016
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    We had a bug that is very similar to this identified in Alpha, That was resolved in 1.8.5.  Is this delay not there when you actually press the F key on the keyboard?  ONLY when you use the mouse on the GUI?
  • Mike_N1MD
    Mike_N1MD Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Chris, I need to test the F keys. I was so focused on the mouse issue that I neglected to test the function keys.
    I am all set up for the CQWW RTTY contest starting tomorrow so do not want to reconfigure away from the hardware Winkeyer to the software emulation until that contest is over. I will test the F keys early next week.
    Thanks for your help.
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    No problem.. just drop me a note when you are able
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Oh and good luck in the contest! Have fun and share your experience afterwards!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.