Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR for iOS tuning idea for iPhone's

k0eoo
k0eoo Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
I'm really liking the new SmartSDR for iOS on my iPhone6S+.  So far the only update I would really like to see is having the thumb-wheel-tuning come up separate from the rest of the options in the window, just the wheel.  

Reason being, on the iPhone the screen is small so the panadapter and signal you are trying to tune get blocked by that window, so I can't see whats going on.  So maybe some time in the future you could have the just wheel (which I really like) come up, well you know what I mean...
1 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    There is a finger swipe for fine tuning.  See the Tuning section in the documentation for details.
  • Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Tim,

I think what he is asking for is to get the tuning wheel without all of the other stuff that comes up so you can still see the screen while tuning. 

Jon...kf2e
  • Peter K1PGV
    Peter K1PGV Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Or have the tuning wheel always visible on the bottom gray bar. There's a swipe?? I know there's a drag, but I don't see a swipe for tuning, I'd like to swipe up or down for tuning... Peter K1PGV
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020

How to fine tune SmartSDR for IOS.
    1.) Rough tune your frequency by dragging the passband to the desired frequency.

2.) Touch the Frequency banner at the top of the screen.  A multi-part dialog will display.   
    3.) At the bottom of the display is the frequency fine-tune function.  Drag your finger right or left to fine tune to the desired frequency.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_0EsBdezwc

• k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Yes, I am asking to make JUST the tuning wheel available somewhere in the waterfall part of the window for ease tuning around the band....  Hope that's possible one of these days.
  • Peter K1PGV
    Peter K1PGV Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Precisely. What K0EOO said. JUST the tuning wheel. Or some other fine-tuning mechanism available right on the panafall. Drag to tune isn't sufficiently precise (and is a little touchy) on my iPad mini. Peter K1PGV
  • Rick, K7FYI
    Rick, K7FYI Member
    edited August 2016
    I completely agree.  Having just the tuning wheel (not the full panel) would be helpful on small screens like the iPhone.
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Thank you Marcus for adding the NEW small tuning wheel and small slice flag options to your already great iOS app!!  V1.0.2,  D1.4

Both are selectable from the Settings menu...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.