Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR for IOS SMARTlink issues

Martin Bérubé
Martin Bérubé Member ✭✭
HI,

I have noticed 2 issues with SmartSDR for IOS when running remote via SmartLink,
  1. There is no waterfall on the display.  That changed a while ago after an upgrade.
  2. There is a huge latency when transmitting.  I can take up to 10 sec to get an acknoledgement when pushing the PTT button.
These issues are not present when acessing my radio from the local wifi.  Any idea?

App version ver:  V2.6.2
Radio: FLEX-6300 v2.4.9

Thanks,

Comments

• Jeff | VA2SS
    Jeff | VA2SS Member
    edited August 2019
    Hi Martin, I don’t have this issue Martin. Still have a very reactive PTT action when used form my hotel using the mobile network. The waterfall is also present. I’m using an iPd Pro 12,9 2nd gen. 73 de Jeff | VA2SS
  • Martin Bérubé
    Martin Bérubé Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Thanks Jeff for your comment.  Maybe it is just a bad setting somewhere. 

73, Martin VA2PX
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018

You might try deleting the app and reinstalling. Sometimes some obscure setting causes a problem and it's easier to do a reinstall.

Jim, K6QE
  • Martin Bérubé
    Martin Bérubé Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    tnx! will do.
  • Mike_WB8CXO
    Mike_WB8CXO Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    With the panadapter displayed, pull out the left tabs. Click “Disp”. At the bottom see if the “Hide Waterfall” slider is green. If it is green the waterfall will be hidden.
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Your internet connection when running remote is not robust enough sounds like, I dont think reinstalling it will do a thing because you said it works fine on your Wifi 73 Bret WX7Y
  • ThisUserDoesNotExist
    ThisUserDoesNotExist Company Adviser ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Marin,

I would suggest to switch SmartLink from UPnP to manual mode. It requires a bit of configuration work on your router but often resolves such (and other) issues.

This and other trouble shooting tips can be found in the Manual (last Chapter "Common issues" and "SmartLink doesn't connect properly").

Please keep us posted if this helps.

Marcus, DL8MRE

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.