Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR for iOS problem?

Roy Laufer
Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in SmartSDR for iOS
I hope that this is the right place to ask this... Does "Level Meter during Receive" work? I am trying to see if my Q2 Lite headset can put out enough audio (it can for my iphone's sound recorder), but I can't get the "Level" indicator to move at all????? It's a beautiful design, and has some features that its big brother should have by now. You have to learn about invisible close windows gadgets on the upper right hand corner, but it's BEAUTIFUL on my 6Plus!

Answers

• Rick, K7FYI
    Rick, K7FYI Member
    edited December 2019
    On receive, my level meter in the app seems pegged above 40 over on both slices.

LOVE the app though!  I can see me using this more often than the Windows app, even while I'm sitting by the computer.
  • W2NER
    W2NER Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Now this is a step in the right direction!  Now that SmartSDR is out for IOS, they need to develop SmartSDR for OSX
  • Rick, K7FYI
    Rick, K7FYI Member
    edited August 2016
    Well...  I said that and now it appears to be working right.  I restarted the app a little bit ago; that must have kick started it.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Dogpark software already works for OSX
  • W2NER
    W2NER Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Yes I know but it nothing like this software for IOS.
  • Roy Laufer
    Roy Laufer Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    In addition, some "Global Profiles" can't seem to be useable via SSDR for iOS and changing modes (FM/USB) seem to trap me in an inescapable window... Oh well, all Apps need a bit of gamma testing... Great App, though - I'm lovin' it!
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    These defects have been reported to the developer and should be addressed in the next release of the software.
  • ThisUserDoesNotExist
    ThisUserDoesNotExist Company Adviser ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Hi Rick, are you referring to the Global Profile and FM/USB problem you were mentioning ?

The level meter is indeed a "bug". I wrote "bug" because I first intentionally had it this way in order to reduce network traffic. To let the meter work while receiving, I will have to send all audio traffic that reaches the microphone through the network to the Radio. I thought it's a good idea save traffic by only sending audio data to the Radio when pressing the PTT button or while having VOX enabled.

But of course, I will have to tie this together with the "Level Meter during Receive" Setting in the Radio Settings.

• Rick, K7FYI
    Rick, K7FYI Member
    edited August 2016
    No, all I was observing was that the receive meter seemed to be stuck when there should have been a large variance (i.e. strong signal).  After I restarted, it seemed to work - and I've not noticed it stuck again since.
  • ThisUserDoesNotExist
    ThisUserDoesNotExist Company Adviser ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Ah, ok thanks for the clarification.
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I love DogparkSDR.  It doesn't look like the SmartSDR or iOS interface but it is feature rich and works very well on my Mac Mini.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.