Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR for IOS Connection Issues

Cal  N3CAL
Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for iOS
Latest IOS version V1.0.2 D1.4 seems to have a bug.  I'm unable to "Disconnect a User" when bringing up the app.   If my 6500 is connected to either my Windows 10 Computer or my Maestro within my home network and I run the IOS App, the app scans and finds my 6500 however it does not show its in use and I get no option to disconnect a user.   If I select the 6500 the app appears to connect to the radio but SMARTSDR continues to run on the Windows 10 computer or the Maestro?  The app displays the panadapter and shows the active slice but there is no audio and the waterfall section is blank.   I've also noticed the Discover Option on the app no longer works??  If Discover is selected I get a "Searching Error".   These issues have appeared since the update to the app. 

Cal/N3CAL

Comments

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Just tested my setup here and everything works OKAY that you described wasn't working correct on your setup.
    I'm sure you already know this but here goes anyway.
    Maybe try power off the radio for a few minutes and if that doesn't help try hard resetting the radio then you'll have to reload your backed up profile to get your settings back.
    If that doesn't work then you may have a issue with the IOS app settings and you'll have to email Marcus.

I'm running a FLEX6700 on 2 separate win10 machine,,Maestro, and IOS V1.0.2.D1.4 APP.
  • ThisUserDoesNotExist
    ThisUserDoesNotExist Company Adviser ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Hi Cal,

I think I discovered what was going wrong here. When Scanning or when using a fixed IP, the App indeed doesn't recognize another existing connection. Tim also discovered a similar and related problem.

So if there is a chance, either use the Discovery mode or keep in mind that SmartSDR - Windows has to be disconnected before trying to connect with my App.

I will fix this with the next update.
    vy 73,
    Marcus, DL8MRE

• Cal  N3CAL
    Cal N3CAL Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Thanks for the reply Marcus!  I really enjoy using your app!  It's very easy to use and lots of fun working remote! 

Cal, N3CAL

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.