Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR for iOS App is AMAZING!!

2»

Comments

• KC9NRN
    KC9NRN Member
    edited October 2016
    I know right?!?! :)
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    The App was conceived as means of salvation from utter boredom while accompanying the XYL during an shopping excursion. A Bluetooth headset, iPhone 6+ makes for a stealth operation.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2016
    She buying more shoes Howard??
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Yup. She found some space in her closet so we are heading back to France in a couple of weeks to fill the void.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2016
    But ya only got 2 feet
  • Paul Christensen, W9AC
    Paul Christensen, W9AC Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Got 'ya all beat.  XYL has a dedicated walk-in closet with ONLY shoes. Then an overflow walk-in closet now that my oldest daughter is out of the house.  Don't know the number but easily 500+.
  • K0UNX
    K0UNX Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    You married Imelda Marcos?
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016

Wow Paul!  Some year back I ran a group of four woman's shoes manufacturing plants and I switched the prototype/model  shoe size to my XYL's size so I could bring home all the extra/excess samples for her.  I thought things were outrageous when she hit 200 pairs of these handmade shoes, but I guess not! 

Was very glad so many were quickly enough out of fashion that she donated or gave away a huge number, and a lot didn't make our move to the states. 

Now she has many less pairs (I refuse to count, but I know when we went on our last trip I made it with a dress pair, a casual pair and a pair of trail/running shoes, that she had at least 14 pairs in tow.  But then I made the three week trip with a tux and a sport coat to her 12+ evening dresses... Guess it is the guys vs gals clothing thing.) 

So less shoes but she does have her call sign now, and I'm encouraged that she was intrigued with my doing QSOs through my iPhone.  So life is good!

I appreciate the tip here on using a Bluetooth headset to an iPhone doing SmartSDR for iOS over VPN back to my station.  Can think of a few museums and art galleries that being able to do something fun by radio would have made up for being the good spouse tagging along.  Like a dog biscuit for bowser, a few QSOs for being forced to gawk at what looked like the results of a paint cabinet accident in a gallery could be lot easier to tolerate!

Steve K9ZW  (Who is likely fairly alone in our FlexRadio community in having been trained in footwear manufacture...)

• Paul Christensen, W9AC
    Paul Christensen, W9AC Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016

BTW, I was wrong about the closet being only for shoes.  The first 2/3 from the floor is a continuous shoe rack.  The upper third to the ceiling has racks of purses.  A small roll-around ladder is kept in the closet to grab them from the upper wall.   

But I'm just as bad: no basements here in north Florida and it's become a battle between the two of us when I want to store a piece of gear.  Lots of old stuff from Collins, Drake, Central Electronics, etc. 

I have a client who owns a MoreSpacePlace franchise and it's now time to engage in her services!

Paul, W9AC

• W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I own one pair of shoes ... but twenty oscilloscopes. Should I be concerned?

• GM4WCE
    GM4WCE Member
    edited August 2016
    I am interested in using this app in conjunction withe SSDR on a PC.  I see mention of a "remote mode" in the documents.  I have not seen any mention of this in the community.  Can anyone tell me if this has the same functionality as the K6TU control app.

Thanks    Peter GM4WCE
  • Wayne VK4ACN
    Wayne VK4ACN Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I dont know what remote mode is either and would like to know Wayne
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Remote mode has some but not all of the functionality of K6TU

if you start SSDR on your PC and then start SSDR-iOS it will ask you if you want to close SSDR

If you say no, then it will allow you to bring up the frequency control panel and some of the SSDR controls on your iPad

imageimage iPad and iPhone images
  • Wayne VK4ACN
    Wayne VK4ACN Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Thanks Howard. Ill try that this arvo when i get home from work Cheers Wayne

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.