Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR for iOS Add Ona

2»

Comments

• Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Joe, i assume name must be specified in this case, like basic profile for SSDR iOS, othervise it will not be executable, but in anyway we need to have detailed instruction in this case
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
  • ThisUserDoesNotExist
    ThisUserDoesNotExist Company Adviser ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Sergey, can you please try now? It's probably now available in Russia.

Regarding the Profiles:

You can select one in the list and then you need to use on of the top menu items "Use" (which will switch to the profile), "Save" which will save the current settings to the selected profile or "Copy..." to copy selected profile to another name.

Instead of "Use", you can also double-tap on a profile name.

vy 73,
    Marcus, DL8MRE
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I've decided to delete my comment, to avoid hijacking this thread into another linux vs ??? quagmire. I'll try to rewrite it into something a little less volatile.

SDRgadgets

73, Jay - NO5J

• Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Hi Marcus, tried , nothing changed - > Server Time Outin any way also tested Profiles - make no sense, Use or double click- no reaction with my iPhone, however in case double click on profile iOS_default _profile reaction immediate
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    hmmm, no way from my home QTH:
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Suggest that you ask whomever decides such things at your ISP to unblock the manual site
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Howard, i have tested today 4 ISP's , but packets lost after redirection via   hetzner.de
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    BTW, Off Topic:  have repaired today my 2K-FA -> broken PSU with 48V: RSP-3000-48,   PSU a bit modified by Experts, but result for now positive - i am on air again !
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016

Possible that Hetzner.de has blacklisted the site..

Had that happen to some of my sites a few times... it takes time and effort to convince them to remove a site from the blacklist

• Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    May be this is a issue, will test tomorrow with my IT in Berlin, lets's see.
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I can agree with that Jon...  I suspect all this candy will be available when PPV begins  (Pay Per Version)
  • ThisUserDoesNotExist
    ThisUserDoesNotExist Company Adviser ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Hi Howard,
    thanks for your compliments but just one correction.

Everything, really everything has been developed completely by myself. I had to focus on speed and latency so I can't use that small piece of Code provided as public by Stu (which is even only the communications library consisting of e few lines of code). I think that piece of code was also just meant as example and for learning purposes. Normally such things are coded in a different way. I was also using Swift and not the older Objective-C development language that Stu was using.

But you are absolutely right with one point: Many Beta Testers! I am still thankful to all Beta Testers who provided great feedback about bugs, suggestions and positive as well as constructive negative feedback that all definitely helped me to provide the App as it is. You Howard have been one of the (very active) Testers so - as mentioned on one of my mails - this App is not just my baby, it is also yours and the Baby of many others who have helped. Thanks again!

And, of course, I hope we don't stop here as I have many ideas for next versions.
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

Where is the tuning wheel??..I turned it on in the IOS Settings but cant see anything show up that indicates a tuning wheel.

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    You must activate it in the settings screen.
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

LOL...Hi Ken..  you read my question way too fast!!     Its on but don't see any type of tuning wheel I recognize.  Also  I have a ton of profiles to select from but cant seem to get them to actually load into the IPad.

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Sorry, I DID read right past you saying it is ON!  I was in a hurry to get home and try it out after work.  My VPN and rig powered off at home due to a power outage glitch, and the rig wouldn't power up!  Somehow the "Remote On Enabled" had gotten switched off and I couldn't remotely power it up.  All is well now.  

If you haven't found out yet, if you tap the slice flag, it appears.  You can drag it where you want it.  When you single tap elsewhere on the screen it closes.  When you tap the slice flag again, it appears.  

Hope this helps...
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Aha...  got it now.  thanks Ken.   Now to figure out how to use my profiles to switch quickly between Bands and Modes.   I do not see any explanation in the manual.
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I'd gladly pay a few hundred for an OSX version of SmartSDR..

And my Wife got me a Samsung Tablet at Christmas, so I wait for some joy.......
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I am going to close this praise post due to the number of technical questions being asked and answered.  It is a "best practice" to start a new topic for questions and problems rather than co-opting an existing post whose title has no reference to the issue being discussed.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.