Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR CAT will not open

New Flex 6500 installation with version 1.8.3 of SmartSDR and SmartSDR CAT on a Win 10 PC.  Maybe I did something out of order because SmartSDR runs OK but SmartSDR CAT refuses to open, either by clicking the icon or from the list of apps.  The task manager does not show the CAT program running.  Do I need to uninstall the CAT program (and VSP program?) and reinstall from the CD?  Tried "run as administrator" and that didn't work.

Thanks for any advice.    -- Bill, KA6T 

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016

So many people have had the dreaded lost cat syndrome. It appears one has to completely uninstall SmartSDR and reinstall. Completely uninstalling is a proverbial pain in the ****.

Jim, k6QE 

• Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Also, 1.8.3 was withdrawn. You probably want to download 1.8.4.
  • Ned K1NJ
    Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Bill,
            After updating to win 10 version 1607(?), I found that after re-installing SSDR I had
    to run the SSDR installation one more time without uninstalling SSDR to get CAT on board.
    It took running the SSDR installation program -twice- before the whole installation succeeded.
            My system may be quirky.  I've been in the windows 10 "insiders"  program from the
    beginning, and some upgrades, especially the earliest ones, required extra effort to get
    things right.  Many later versions went smoothly, not needing any particular attention.
    This was the first time that I had to run it twice to get VSP/CAT to install.  The first time
    through SSDR was installed.  The second time added CAT.  Good luck with this.  Windows
    10 still has some "mysteries" associated with it, but you will get it going.  The 6500 will do
    a fine job for you and it will be great fun.  Hang in there, and as Bob suggested, get 1.8.4.

Ned,  K1NJ
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.