Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR CAT Ports have disappeared but are still reported in the Device Manager

Bernie
Bernie Member
edited May 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have a Flex 6700 and am running SmartSDR 1.6.17 on a Windows 10 Home PC.  I had created several Ports in CAT:
Control:
  5 <->105
  9 <-> 109
PTT:
  11 <-> 111
  12 <-> 112
and everything was working just fine.  I had successfully used the Ports with WSJT-X and FLDigi.

The last time in booted the PC all these Ports have disappeared from CAT, but when I open the Device Manager, all still appear.  However, they are not still functioning.  I do not believe there have been any Windows updates between the time CAT was working and the time when I discovered they had disappeared.  The Windows 10 is Version 1511, OS Build 10586.63.

Is the recovery to completely uninstall SmartSDR/CAT/DAX and reinstall?  In an attaching a jpg of the CAT, Device Manager, and System Windows to illustrate the situation.

Comments

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Bernie
    The jpg is showing that SmartCAT is not connected to your Flex.
    Device Manager seems to show your configured ports. Does SmartCAT display anything else when the radio is connected, ie. the radio is powered up? 

73, Jay - NO5J
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Bernie - please do this test.  Move the SmartSDR CAT control panel to the middle of your screen.  The close SmartSDR CAT.  Re-start SmartSDR CAT.

When it restarts is it in the middle of your screen?  If not you have a corrupted configuration file and this is why your ports are not showing up.  If this is your problem, I will need to yo open a HelpDesk support ticket so I can recover the file in order to analyze it.

• Bernie
    Bernie Member
    edited May 2018
    First, SmartCAT does not display anything else when the radio is connected.

Second, in Tim's test...the SmartSDR CAT control panel restarts in the middle of the screen.

Thanks for the quick responses.

Bernie
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Thanks for doing the test. I think the best course of action is to convert this Community topic to a HelpDesk support ticket so we can do some one-on-one troubleshooting.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.