Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR CAT no radios available

Options
Jon_EA2W
Jon_EA2W Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Hi all,

After reading all the problems the windows 1803 update was creating, I followed the tips to try to avoid DAX problems, unistalling SmartSDR and DAX drivers completely before updating.

I then reinstalled SmartSDR ver 1.11.12 but SmartSDR CAT shows no radio available. SmartSDR and DAX are working ok, but not the CAT. I tryed deleting the FlexRadio Virtual Serial Ports on the device manager following the guide "How to do a complete uninstall of SmartSDR" and reinstalled SmartSDR again. Same problem.

It seems that, even if I delete the flex virtual serial ports on the device manager, as soon as SmartSDR is launched again, the old ports appear once again. I have tryed everything that has been working before with serial ports problems, but this time is different.

I hope the old virtual serial ports needs to be completely deleted and then SmartSDR CAT will show the radio again...

Anyone had this problem before? Any help will be appreciated.

Win10 Home 1803 upgrade
Flex 6300 with SmartSDR ver 1.11.12

Thank you!
Best regards,

Jon, EA2OT

Comments

• Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Is the radio making it through the firewall? Check your router to see if the radio is there, then check  Windows defender
  • RoyS
    RoyS Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Jon, you didn't say you had found any answers in this forum so may I suggest you try...

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/smartsdr-there-are-currently-no-radios-available

Good Luck

By the way, try deleting the ports from the CAT window instead of device manager.

Roy - W5TKZ
  • Jon_EA2W
    Jon_EA2W Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Options

Thank you for you replies,

Micheal, the radio is visible and was working well before the win10 update. I rechecked firewall and windows defender anyway with no success.

Roy, I have been looking for a solution in the forum but can ́t find it. The link you sent is about a radio not showing in SmartSDR. This is not the case, I ́m able to use the radio in SmartSDR and DAX is also working. The one not working is SmartSDR CAT, where no CAT ports appearing and no radios appearing at all, only the message "There are currently no radios available".

I think something went wrong during the win10 update, because the old CAT ports are persistent in windows device manager, and I think this is were the problem is, but can ́t find how to delete them.

Here is the situation I find after deleting the virtual ports manually and reinstalling SmarSDR from zero:

As you can see, Flex Old virtual ports appear when SmartSDR CAT is launched at windows startup.
    Best regards,
    Jon, EA2OT
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2018
    Options
    This issue was resolved via the HelpDesk.  A repair of the FlexVSP driver was needed.  Probably because removing FlexVSP ports via the Device Manager does not properly remove the associated registry entries.  Refer to the SmartSDR CAT User guide for the procedure for resetting the FlexVSP ports.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.