Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR CAT losing connection with WSJT-X instance

13»

Comments

• Michael Black
    Michael Black Member
    edited April 2020
    One of my testers has reported that this does not fix the problem.
    I've recently made many changes that address some segmentation faults.
    So my tester is currently running so we can determine if the latest version of hamlib fixes the problem or I'll have debug info to see what's going on.
    We'll get 'er fixed if it's in hamlib.
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Dan, some added info.  I use a really nice KVM and through out this testing there was no instance of the KVM causing any problems.  I decided to do further test.  The experiment consisted of keeping all operational apps and equipment running and switching the KVM to my Mac and letting it run overnight.  Switched back to PC and every thing was continuing to run flawlessly.  

I fixed my LoTW upload problem.  LoTW changed how they checked DXCC entities, to a more Stringent standard.  This caused a config selection for my Log4OM home DXCC entity to fail the new test.  I had it set to USA, but since Hawai’i is in itself a DXCC entity, this is what needed to be selected.  Mark this up as lessons learned for LoTW.  
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Just realized that you all are using Hamlib selection for the radio.  I use the Flex6000 selection and do not have this problem.  
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited April 2020
    Funny you should mention that. I spent the afternoon yesterday helping K4XV (on Kauai) update all his software. We could not get his FT8 contacts to upload to LoTW.

Was giving an error the QSO date and time were out of range. 

Turns out we had WSJT-x set for KH6/K4XV but his LoTW certificate was set to K4XV but listed HI as the state. Bottom line we needed to manually edit all the contacts to remove the KH6/ from the station call and then the upload worked.

**** compound calls....

Dave wo2x

• Michael Black
    Michael Black Member
    edited April 2020
    Something else for ya'll to try.  Please change the rig polling time in WSJT-X to 3 seconds and see if this problem goes away.  I have another possible bug that may be related to this that I'm chasing down now.
  • Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Polling interval is found:
    File>Settings>Radio upper right hand side is Polling Interval
  • Michael Black
    Michael Black Member
    edited April 2020
    We've found this hamlib_settings.json works well along with the 3-second polling interval
    {
         "config": {
         "retry": "13",
         "post_write_delay": "0",
         "timeout": "300"
         }
    }

I've put a request in to the WSJT-X team to fix this polling rate problem.
    de Mike W9MDB
  • Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Here are the location of the polling interval and the directory for the Hamlib_settings.json file.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.