Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR CAT Exception Error - Trial Period is expired???

Options
Tim N9PUZ
Tim N9PUZ Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Everything has been running fine since my Win10 upgrade a week ago and the SmartSDR upgrade just after that. Now I get the error shown. Have a ticket opened but am curious what others may have seen.

Comments

• Dave KØKQ
    Dave KØKQ Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I got the same error message Tim, a month ago.

Tried "everything", this fixed it- using Tim's procedure, uninstalled/reinstalled SSDR. 

Windows 10 ver1903, i7, 12GB, SSDR 2.51, on both 6300 and 6500.

Dave

• Tim N9PUZ
    Tim N9PUZ Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options
    What is "Tim's Procedure"?

• Dave KØKQ
    Dave KØKQ Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Tim Ellison is the Flex Customer Experience Manager.

He has written a procedure "How to do a Complete uninstall of SmartSDR for Windows from your PC".

It can be found at https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/204975589-How-to-do-a-Complete-uninstall-of-SmartSDR-for-Windows-from-your-PC

When I had the same error message as you are getting, this is what resolved it.

Some great articles on Flex web site. "SmartSDR-Win Troubleshooting"
    https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/sections/200358298-SmartSDR-Win-Troubleshooting

• Tim N9PUZ
    Tim N9PUZ Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I heard back from Ken at Flex today. He had me uninstall just FlexVSP and reinstall it. For whatever reason the radio itself had to be restarted several times before it came up properly. Anyway, all is well now. Tim N9PUZ
  • Wim
    Wim Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I just have this same issue since this morning, it had been running fine, I installed 2.6.1 smartSDR a week or two ago...  I will try the Flkex VSP uninstall and re-install
  • Wim
    Wim Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options
    and that fixed it .... thanks for documenting the procedure
  • Michael Wolff
    Michael Wolff Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Now it'll be my turn to try uninstalling and reinstalling Flex VSP - same issue, SSDR 2.6.1. I don't want to sound like an a$$hole, but I wonder how long this will be stuck in the pipeline before it gets resolved and doesn't happen anymore. From the error dialog box, it appears that a third party component wants to 'get paid', but the third party component might just as well be junk - or we'll need to be re-installing FlexVSP every so often...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.