Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR API - Lineout gain command in remote mode

IW7DMH, Enzo
IW7DMH, Enzo Member ✭✭
edited January 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Hello,

using Wireshark I can't log the command used by SSDR, in Remote mode, to set lineout gain and lineout on/off. I suspect that the command is sent in some way to the local host pc overloading the normal ethernet behaviour.
Is it right or am I missing something?

Thank for your help
73' Enzo

Answers

• Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Enzo, those would be mixer commands as seen by the radio itself.
    Lineout gain = mixer lineout gain nnnnn
    Lineout mute = mixer lineout mute 1|0
    Headphone gain = mixer headphone gain nnnn
    headphone mute = mixer headphone mute 1|0

• IW7DMH, Enzo
    IW7DMH, Enzo Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Hello Walt,

in remote mode only Headphone gain and Headphone mute work as expected, while the lineout commands have no effect on pc audio.
    In remote mode I observed that lineout gain is updated in the background by the rig, but SSDR isn't aware of my updates until the Remote mode is disabled.

Can you confirm this behaviour?

• Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    OK, this is tricky.
    It took me a while to get an sound at all. Here is what I found.
    1) Headphones radio are disabled with remote is on.
    2) Remote is not that great on a laptop -- it is VERY Scratchy (through cat 6 rj-45). I figured out the scratchiness, agc-t sounds way different through the laptop speaker than the headphones on the radio. Volume is incredibly low though.
    3) too many controls both on Windows and SSDR re: output.
    4) if the laptop earbuds are plugged in output thru the speaker is defeated
    5 Make sure your laptop shows output going to laptop speakers, not to dax.

I thought this was working pretty well some time back. Oh well, new release maybe.
  • IW7DMH, Enzo
    IW7DMH, Enzo Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thank you Walt.
    My great concern was controlling lineout gain and mute using my controller.
    I hope in more clarifications from Flex boys.

Thank you again and 73'

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.