Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR ANF still not usable.

Options
2»

Comments

• Steven Hess
    Steven Hess Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I  likewise don't know how they'll implement TNF on the Maestro.  You have two settings you need to accomplish. Location and width. That said getting ANF working right might not be as simple. I think I quit forgetting the processor in my Flex 6300 is not a powerful as it is on my 6 core Tower I use with my Flex 3000 and Flex 1500.  That was half the radio.

I don't even have my 3000 connected any more. Just the Flex 1500. 
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I don't think it is a matter of processing speed - the FPGA, I understand may be clocked at a slower speed, but is designed for the task.  But there are LOTS of things involved in getting one function to work correctly without messing up something else...  Something I have a much greater appreciation for since joining the Alpha Team and seeing the "sausage" made!  These folks - programmers and alpha testers alike, put an amazing amount of work into the simplest of updates!  Much of it is sorting out elusive cockroaches in the system unleashed by what some call "A Simple Matter Of Programming!"
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Tim,

You said "We are planning on taking a look at the ANF code to see if improvements can be made.   The "if improvements can be made." implies that it may not be possible to fix this issue.   I hope that's not what your saying?

Norm - W7CK
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I am saying until we perform the required due diligence and investigate to determine the root cause of the issue, it is irresponsible for me or anyone else at FlexRadio to state definitively that a particular issue has a fix.  This is the Schrodinger's Cat of software development.  Until we open to box (find root cause) the cat (issue) is both alive (fixable) and dead (not fixable).
  • James Del Principe
    James Del Principe Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Well put, Tim.   Excellent!     73, Jim

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.