Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR: An unhandled error has occured: Safe Handle has been closed

Mark
Mark Member ✭✭
edited July 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
Received the above error while running SmartSDR 1.10.16 on a 6700.  It's been happening about once a day for about a week now.  I am also operating Army MARS software, (Station Manager, MS-DMT, and sometimes MARS-ALE), and commonly Excel at the same time.  SmartSDR will continue to run for as long as I don't 'X' out of the error message (which may repeat more than one time which ends up with more than one error window on the desktop), which I will attempt to paste below:

imageimageLooks like I can't paste it.

It says:
SmartSDR: An unhandled error has occurred: Safe handle has been closed.

at
System.Runtime.InteropServices.SafeHandle.DangerousAddRef(Boolean & success)
 at System.StubHelpers.StubHelpers.SafeHandleAddRef(SafeHandlepHandle, Boolean& success
 at
Microsoft.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.GetOverlappedResult(SafeFileHandle hFile, NativeOverlapped* IpOverlapped, Int32&
IpNumberOfBytesTransferred, Boolean bWait)
 at
System.IO.Ports.SerialStream.EventLoopRunner.WaitForCommEvent()
 at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
 at system.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContextexecutionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
 at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, contextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
 at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
 at system.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

When I close the error window SmartSDR closes as well.  If I close SmartSDR the error window closes.

Any assistance to resolve this issue is appreciated.

Mark
N4EOC

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2017
    The Community is primarily for user provided assistance.  For software crashes, you need to submit a HelpDesk ticket to get support directly from FlexRadio.  Unfortunately, 3 days have passed before I saw this post (been busy after the long weekend).  For your convenience, I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.