Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR 6400M/6600M download to Stand Alone Radio

Wayne
Wayne Member ✭✭

What is the oldest version of SmartSDR which can be downloaded to the 6400M/6600M radios for stand alone use which works?

Will 2.0.17 be functional and downloadable to the rigs?

How about version 1.x.xx's? Where people say the ANF worked better than it does now?

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    2.1.30 is the oldest. Anything older will not support the hardware in the 6400/6600/6400M/6600M.

2.1.30 had an issue with setting power to 100 watts and not adhering to persistence. You are better off staying at 2.1.32 

Dave wo2x

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    The secret to the ANF is to keep it as LOW as possible, I find that with it turned on and set to "0" (ZERO) works best with the least amount of distortion. 

Same with "NR" and "NB", I run the "NR" here about 2 to 3, You can find a sweet spot for your location for these settings but just start LOW and only use them when you need them.

I don't think there has been a change in the DSP Filters that I have noticed for quite a while in the release notes or using the Radio so even if it did work with the 6400 / 6600 I don't think you would find much difference in the DSP Filtering in the older versions.

73's
    Bret
    WX7Y

• Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Thanks I have a flex 3000 and noticed much more flexibility in the settings.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    They have been doing things under the hood to the DSP that may not be mentioned in the release notes. I have noticed a difference. Yes, a setting of 1,2 or 3 works very nice without being to aggressive. With the ANF I start at 0 and work up till I only hear a small ping, very little distortion, but I think some more work needs to be done on that.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Even though PSDR allows for more adjustments, they are not all very useful. Most of the time leaving them at default works the best. People have spent a lot of time playing with settings to find the best performance and make them default settings.

How ever, to get the most from your 3000 I suggest visiting KE9NS web site and look at the list on the left side and look at the recommended settings he has.
    I have owned a Flex 3000 for 10 years, I found his settings a good help.
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Yes I find those features on the flex 3000 work great now that I have found the best settings for my area and moved the flex and coax off the wall that was horizontal to a power line feeding a street light!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.