Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR 3.x release date

DH1RK
DH1RK Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hello,
any information when the SmartSDR 3.x will be released.
In general I missed somehow a roadmap from Flexradio!

73 de Ruediger, DH1RK

Answers

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Last we heard they were hoping this month.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Flex no longer gives exact release dates albeit they hinted in marketing literature as the end of March Based on past experience I and the complexity of V3, I would expect the date to slip.
  • Thomas Baxter
    Thomas Baxter Member
    edited March 2019
    Anyone know what’s in it
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    Their dates seem to be doused in Vasoline . . . They always slip.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    For most of us we don't know everything that will be in v3,,but we do know the big ticket is Multi Client technology.

With this amount of complexity as howard mentioned it is not surprising the date to slip somewhat. This is all new technology for ham radio.
  • Bill - W9KKN
    Bill - W9KKN Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I'll be pretty disappointed if they missed those dates. It would be really nice to use multiclient in WPX, and I bet some members of the alpha team will be using it to great advantage at certain very large M/2 or M/S efforts. I wish Flex would have something between the super-exclusive alpha team and GA, like a beta/early access stage with an expanded group of folks willing to put it through its paces and provide feedback. Having said that, between past experience and working in software delivery myself, I'm not going to hold my breath. 

Remember: they said the end of March, but as I like to remind my ****, they didn't tell you March of which year :)

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Re read Howards post here, I think he is mostly close to being correct.
  • Bill - W9KKN
    Bill - W9KKN Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Yeah, I suppose I restated a bit of what he already said -- but I don't think there is any element of it that I missed. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.