Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR 3.18 problem

John VK3XM
John VK3XM Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have just upgraded to SmartSDR 3.18 and have struck what I think is a problem.
The software loaded correctly with no problems.
How ever when I run SmartSDR it comes up in Smartlink mode.
If I log out of Smartlink the start menu tells me that there is no radio connected to my LAN.
I have a 1 Gb ethernet cable from the radio to the router.
I have set the 6700 to a fixed ip address and can ping it from the commend prompt.
With the previous versions you could operate with out Smartlink and only neede to login if you needed to operate from a remote site.
Any advice would be appreciated
Further test has revield that if I turn my internet connection off I cannot use the radio at all.

Comments

• YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Menu

Settings:  Choose Radio / SmartLink Setup
  • John VK3XM
    John VK3XM Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Thanks for the suggestion.  However I have checked the menu on the logon screen and the Smartlink option is not ticked.  I don't seem to be able to get the software out of Smartlink mode.

Have tried a factory reset.  No difference.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited October 2019
    John Can you tell me the ip address of the radio and the computer. Can you also describe your network setup. When this happens the computer is usually not on the same subnet as the radio but both devices have internet access. Mike
  • John VK3XM
    John VK3XM Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Hi Mike,  my LAN is a simple configuration  with the PC and Flex directly connected to the router.  You are right the PC and Flex appear to be on different sub nets.

I can ping the PC and Flex.  The Flex responds to both the local LAN address and the remote IP address.
    To me it appears as though the Flex will not release the SmarLink address,  no matter what I do.

This problems only started when I upgraded to 3.18

I am not comfortable to put my Wan addresses on the Community.

I do have Team Viewer on the PC if you would like to use this.

Regards John
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited October 2019
    Hi John It’s not the wan address I was looking for, but the lan address. It sounds like your windows firewall is turned on and blocking Vita 49 packets from communicating directly with the radio. This can happen and still have ping work correctly.If turning off your firewall or adding a bypass does not fix the problem, then I would recommend opening a support Ticket. Mike
  • Santiago Mejia HI8O
    Santiago Mejia HI8O Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Something like that happened to me recently preventing me from upgrading my SDR version. The fix that worked for me was:

a) Power down both your radio and computer.  Remove all power from the radio for 30 seconds.b) Connect your radio directly to your computer using a CAT5 or CAT6 cable.c) Boot up your computer.  Wait for it to finish booting up completely.d) Power up your radio.e) open SmartSDR for Windows.  See if the radio is available
    f) if it works, connect radio and computer back to router
    g) do a cold boot

see if the radio is available without Smartlink then.

hope this help.

73, Santiago HI8SMX 
  • John VK3XM
    John VK3XM Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Thank you to everyone who offered advice.  I eventually found the problem.
    A couple of hours before I did the 3.18 upgrade my Avast Internet Security updated it self.  When I turned Avast off everything worked again.  When I check the settings in Avast I found a new setting that need a tick in the firewall panel.

So I am up and running again.

Thank you to all who offered advice,  and thank you to Tim from Flex who also helped.

73. John VK3XM
  • Terry L Angle
    Terry L Angle Member ✭✭

I just load 3.1.18 and every thing worked. I shut down and turned radio back on and 3.1.18 is not there. I only have 3.1.12. I do not have Avast and have a simple lan connect to radio.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Terry, I think you mean 3.1.8. It is not a safe option to use due to the possibility of SD card corruption. 3.1.12 is the right one to use. 2.4.10 and 2.6.2 are also safe if you want to downgrade for some reason.

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

I think that 3.1.8 is the version your talking about which was a old version Oct. 2019 with issues. The FlexRadio web page says 3.1.12 is the latest version.

I don't think you want to run 3.1.8 because it had problems breaking the SDCard and others.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.