Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR 3.1.7 not working

John AE5X
John AE5X Member
edited September 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Today I took the promise of fixed future DAX issues with Windows updates as an opportunity/excuse to do a fresh installation of Windows 10 on my PC. Wiped the whole thing clean, reloaded W10 and then went thru all the updates. Then, and only then, did I install 3.1.7.

It took 4 reboots to get the PC to start after installing SSDR. Then I powered-up the F6300, was prompted to Update, so I did that. Then I started SSDR.

20m came to life with signals...but, the CAT program never loaded (and still hasn't after numerous reboots of both PC and radio) and there is no way to configure WSJT since Com ports are not an option w/o the CAT program starting.

Any suggestions? Tnx,

John AE5X

Answers

• John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Not sure why CAT is not starting but as a first check be sure in SSDR under settings that "autostart CAT with SSDR" has a check mark by it.
  • John AE5X
    John AE5X Member
    edited September 2019
    Yep, it's checked. Can't even start CAT independently.
  • John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Check task manager to be sure CAT is not running. If it is, force a shutdown and try restarting it. Taking a guess here. Good luck. I could suggest dropping to an earlier version of SSDR but hate to go down that road.
  • K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I had the same problem.

Uninstall Flex VSP from the Control Panel->Programs and Features.
    Reboot

Re-install it with C:Program FilesFlexRadio SystemsFlexVSPFlexVSPInstaller_64.msi
    Reboot.

Open the Services panel (run services.msc) and check that the service "Virtual Serial Port Kit Service" is running. If it is then you are good to go.

• John AE5X
    John AE5X Member
    edited September 2019
    Thanks for the ideas - tried them all and ended up doing a(nother) fresh install of SSDR. Now the CAT program is loading but there is no way to configure either DAX or CAT.

Instead of configuration windows for each those functions I'm getting a 'Connect' panel! I guess it's time to submit a ticket.

• John AE5X
    John AE5X Member
    edited September 2019
    Duh - now it works!
  • John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Sweet!!!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.