Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR 3.0.19 and blinks monitor 4K

Slawomir
Slawomir Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I have been using smartSDR 3.0.19 for several days. I noticed that after 30 minutes the 27 'monitor in 4k mode starts to flash and the work becomes difficult. The old version of SnmartSDR did not have this problem. I do not know if this is a damage to the monitor or the new version of SmartSDR is not adapted to display in 4K? Has anyone noticed a similar problem?
Slav

Comments

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    i have 3 monitors all 4k, no issues with 2.4.9 or 3.0.19.
    Check you computer settings, video settings,try another computer, switch back to 2.4.9 and try for a few days.
    I cannot see how it is related to SSDR. If whole monitor flashing, not just SSDR window, seems like it is your computer/video card/monitor issue.
    Sergey, KN7K
  • Slawomir
    Slawomir Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Hi Sergiej,I think so too that it's the monitor's fault. HP has to send me a new monitor. You need time to check the cause.
    73's
    Slav.
  • Bill NE1B
    Bill NE1B Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Yes.  I had a 4K monitor blinking, but with 2.4.9.  It was in the monitor settings.  I had to change DISPLAY settings for "Scale and layout" from 100% to 125%.  No idea why, but this stopped the blinking!  Mine was a 4K 43" TCL TV/Monitor.

Bill, NE1B 
  • Paul - K6HR
    Paul - K6HR Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    My 4K monitor doesn't blink, but when I start SSDR 2.4.9 with more than two panadapters open, or load a profile containing 3 or more panadapters, the top half of the top panadapter is always pushed up to the top of the screen. It's a bit annoying to have to pull it down with the mouse each time, but I've learned to live with it. 
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Paul, you should be able move and scale windows any way you want. This is Windows features. I can do anything I want on my 3 monitors - all 27" 4k. Make sure you setup your Monitor scaling, mine is 150%, but you can play with that and decide what scaling is woirk best for you
  • Paul - K6HR
    Paul - K6HR Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I've experimented thoroughly with the scaling and cannot find a setting. If I go to 150% I don't like the way the screen looks. I guess I'm hoping that a future version may allow me to run at 100% scaling with no errors.
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Did you try compatability?

• Paul - K6HR
    Paul - K6HR Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Hello Sergey,

UPDATE: After making the changes you suggested, and rebooting the PC and radio I can report it is now working correctly. In my previous response I had not rebooted. My 4K display problem has been solved.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply!
  • Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Good to hear Paul. I am glad you figure it out.
    Sergey, KN7K
  • Lucas - W6AER
    Lucas - W6AER Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I have actually ALSO experienced this issue and it was driving me nuts! It only seemed to have occurred when I had more than 3 slices open. I run Dual 4K 27" monitors and only the display the SmartSDR resides in was doing it. I thought maybe it was my KVM (I switch between Linux and some other things), or the display port cable. My video card is an Nvidia Quadro so I would have been surprised if that was it. Solved...Thank you! 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.